EFE CAMS

kitkatman

'

As Nickel mentions, the unrestricted (124bhp) EFE-cams have a “D” stamped on the side face (at the ends if you will).

Whereas the restricted version (100 bhp) is marked with a “G” at the ends.

Maybe that would be a “G” for German ??  Anyhow, “G” for German is my way of remembering this .  (y):)

'

• Like 1

'

.... actually found this foto in my archive, that DnD originally posted sometime ago (might be years for what I know  - time flies by ?)

As you can see the “G”-stamped cams are meant for Austria, Sweden, Switzerland and W.Germany  (y):)

….    the “W” in front of Germany reminds of how old these EFE-beast really are :mr711:

'

DnD_FATTYCAMS.jpg

• Like 2

Hi

B ut Ur max speed on the roads is  112 KM motorway  ?  96 KM  normal roads ?    it is max second gear from 5   it  does not matter 100 HP or 124 HP  :P;)  LOL

Same like discussions in US   " wooow I have 180 HP in my bike...."  "  U ever driven full speed ? "   "No  "   xD

Jokes must be  :P

HUM

3 hours ago, HUM said:

Hi

B ut Ur max speed on the roads is  112 KM motorway  ?  96 KM  normal roads ?    it is max second gear from 5   it  does not matter 100 HP or 124 HP  :P;)  LOL

Same like discussions in US   " wooow I have 180 HP in my bike...."  "  U ever driven full speed ? "   "No  "   xD

HUM

Talking like that won't make friends round here abouts! We choose to do it because we can, whether its practical or sensible is immaterial !

• Like 3
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/23/2019 at 5:55 PM, HUM said:

Hi

HUM

Thats why we have race tracks and quite few of us on here certainly ridden and driven full speed.

German bikes in the 80s were restricted when the power of larger capacity machines started to creep over 100ps out of the box. I think french bikes were also restricted as well as swiss spec bikes, which, as we all know, were all restricted to 10bhp :). And G for Germany is illogical as only the UK in Europe has English as an official language (apart from ROI, Channel Islands, IOM, Gibraltar etc.). It would be more likely that if a letter indicated a country code Germany would be D: Deutschland. My guess is the D and G indicates something else to country code.

Edited by Dezza
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, Dezza said:

German bikes in the 80s were restricted when the power of larger capacity machines started to creep over 100ps out of the box. I think french bikes were also restricted as well as swiss spec bikes, which, as we all know, were all restricted to 10bhp :). And G for Germany is illogical as only the UK in Europe has English as an official language (apart from ROI, Channel Islands, IOM, Gibraltar etc.). It would be more likely that if a letter indicated a country code Germany would be D: Deutschland. My guess is the D and G indicates something else to country code.

DnD_FATTYCAMS.jpg.178196ffaa380d0504ff8cec2f3602c0.thumb.jpg.ecbfcc28ccf7011f8cc59f51875b2f8b.jpg

The cams referred to in the factory manual as A are marked with a "D" full power ....... the others have no mark less lift and duration often call the 100hp cams 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Duckndive said:

DnD_FATTYCAMS.jpg.178196ffaa380d0504ff8cec2f3602c0.thumb.jpg.ecbfcc28ccf7011f8cc59f51875b2f8b.jpg

The cams referred to in the factory manual as A are marked with a "D" full power ....... the others have no mark less lift and duration often call the 100hp cams 

It's all in black-and-white then. And even though I have the same book  I still failed to see this, doh O.o

French bikes were restricted to 106 HP from 1985 onwards.

After many years of pressure from biker associations, pointing out that EU equity was not respected on this matter, the restriction has been lifted since 2016.

That said, the gov still kept their stance  on it somewhat because although you can derestrict bikes made before 2016, you can only do it on bikes equipped... with ABS.

O.o

Edited by Joseph
15 hours ago, Dezza said:

which, as we all know, were all restricted to 10bhp  . . . . . . that's a hell of a restriction ! :D

And G for Germany is illogical as only the UK in Europe has English . . . . 

Who mentioned 'G' marked cams?

If it was the reference 'G4' above - that is a grind profile from (I think) Web or Cammotion in the USA.

• Like 1