GSX 750es First Project

Project1

I bought this bike off a now retired work colleague,it’s my first venture into a project, the bike has been laid up in a shed for 10 ish years then spent 5 years outside with a perished cover on. It’s a 3 owner bike with just over 11k miles on the clock.  Initially I drained the fuel, removed and inspected the plugs, found the gear gear selector had seized, after freeing off the selector and confirming the engine would turn over and checked the clutch was working I removed one of the carb tops, carb was super clean inside! So I refitted the plugs and put fresh fuel in and connected a battery, ignition switched on, all lights and indicators work, gear position indicator works! No starter motor though? A quick clean of the kill switch sorted this, after a of few attempts at starting the old girl fired up! But only on 2 cylinders, a quick download of the manual + a bit of reading to understand how the ignition system worked lead me to find a broken wire on one coil pack, a solder repair later she is now firing on all cylinders! I am now at a crossroads, I’m unsure what to do! is it worth restoring? Should I use it a base for a custom project? Or let it go to someone else to restore and cherish? as I see it the minimum it needs to get it usable is: Replacement exhaust, fork rebuild/ replacement, new tyres, full brake overhaul, new battery, full service & new chain, after all this cosmetically it will still look like a pile of crap! Any advice  or inspiration gratefully received!!! Lol! 

101D1106-6167-4B5F-8929-781CBE17D63F.jpeg

You’ve posted it in the project section, this is the place for projects, where you document and share the journey of your project and other site users can offer help and info to solve any problems you may encounter or indeed be inspired by your work and have their own questions answered.......

......shall I restore it or sell it type of questions are for generic social media platforms...

so what are your plans for it? Or shall I move it to the aircooled section? 

On 10/12/2019 at 10:04 AM, K.H.I said:

Just don't put a sweaty oily boiler in. This is a oss, follow the herd trend that needs to stop, much like previous herd trends ( shitfighters, minging triky seat units, Wes Cooley replicas...etc etc.) 

Absolutely put an oil boiler in it ,  if u can find an original mr711 triky seat, use it, on a dodgy but fast wes cooley replica ,  de nada, grazzi