martek ?

wobblegob

On 9/28/2019 at 6:42 PM, wobblegob said:

Apparently started making frame kits again. was talking to them yesterday about this bike just wanted to make sure it was a martek. I bought this very cheap of an old chap that is packing up biking. He knew what it was worth but let it go cheap to get it out of his way ................my win there then.

Another bike on my bucket list! I saw on FB that hes making XR69 swingarms, hopefully frame kits wont be far behind!

• 1 month later...

If you use Belgom you won't have to keep polishing it that much. An alternative is to scotchbrite it (and then use Belgom...). If you want it another colour then fair enough it's your bike but it would probably be prudent not to do it with something that takes just a little bit less than a nuclear strike to get it off (i.e. powder coat) and paint it instead.

• Like 1

Polish with autosol/belgom/ whatever then seal with two coats of good carnuba car wax (pay for it) and then keep frame out of a damp shed 

When ride and it gets wet and you get home blow it off with an airline and wipe dry with a cloth and away you go

If you leave the water sitting on the frame it will "pit" it when it corrodes

All the joys of owning an aluminium tubular frame, if it is not for you then maybe sell the bike on but do not powdercoat or anything that cannot be easily reversed - just my two cents from having owned one for many years

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...

Yes i beleive so but be very careful , until a few people have actually received what they have ordered first .

Martek,  mk engineering . Have a spotty reputation on previous orders . 

Deposits taken etc nothing received . They do and have made some nice frames and swingarms in the past.  

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...