1980 GSX1100ET/EX ??

LOL Sorry for the poor introduction, Hello & Thank you for the comments! i was just trying to see what your  guys thoughts were on my bike? I live in the US and i don't see very many of these bikes, i have obviously put some work into it....including new paint job, 4 to 1 vance hines pipe, upgraded rear suspension, and a few other small upgrades but other than that pretty much stock. i love this Bike nd do not plan on gettig rid of it but, but i would like some info. on what i could do to "lighten it up" in general. possible lighter rims? fork suspension? swingarm? something that wouldn't make me have to chop it at all, keeps somewhat original look

• 1 month later...
On 9/24/2019 at 3:53 PM, BanjerHoller89 said:

LOL Sorry for the poor introduction, Hello & Thank you for the comments! i was just trying to see what your  guys thoughts were on my bike? I live in the US and i don't see very many of these bikes, i have obviously put some work into it....including new paint job, 4 to 1 vance hines pipe, upgraded rear suspension, and a few other small upgrades but other than that pretty much stock. i love this Bike nd do not plan on gettig rid of it but, but i would like some info. on what i could do to "lighten it up" in general. possible lighter rims? fork suspension? swingarm? something that wouldn't make me have to chop it at all, keeps somewhat original look

Welcome to the OSS!

Nice ride, I like your choice of mods. Subtle but nicely done!
In terms of lightening it up, you might struggle a bit! Its a typical solid and slightly overbuilt 80's japanese bike, so will always be a heavy bike. If you want to lighten it up in terms of riding feel then raising the rear end by adding some compression to the springs, and lower the front by dropping the forks through the clamps a few mm will help to make it feel more agile and easier to turn on the road. From what I've read, these GSX's have a bit of a lazy geometry. 

Nice bike

You already have the best swingarm on the bike, unless you want to spend big bucks on one. I upgraded both of my GS 1000s with that arm

Front forks- Sonic springs and cartridge emulators from Race Tech

Front brakes - Salty_Monk twinpot upgrade

As mentioned, pretty hard to lighten it and have it stockish