Turbo a 95 say what now!? 750 that’s carbed

Ghost

If there is any info that can help I would be thank full not sure where to get a plenum what I should use for a fuel pump I can make the manifold for turbo going to use a t28 turbo my son is going to run the bike for me I have a bad back so he will be the one to race it any help u can give ty

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, vizman said:

You can use the ‘oil filler’ as a point for fitting a crankcase breather.....but this is the least of your worries.

What is the c/r of them 750’s ? What type of pistons do they have (cast/forged)?

etc etc etc

Will need the breather if the motors left stock i reckon

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Ghost said:

I was told I may have to make a breather crank case something to that affect I know in a car when built those I had to put a large breather in valve cover with catch can because of the boost lighten up the pressure in there 

Yes you will , larger and as many as you can manage - IMO, two 13mm ID pipes would be minimum

10 hours ago, Ghost said:

Any specific spots where would u put them crank case top of head where that breather is not sure where else 

On mine with an 1186 motor I had, one in oil filler, one centre of clutch cover, one on std cam cover breather and additional one on cam cover direct into the valve chest, that and the clutch cover were dash 10 hose, others dash 8 pipe.

All depends what sort of condition your motor is in really, a good motor shouldnt really behave much differently than a stock one. ive never needed anymore than the standard cam cover breather and one from the oil filler. My cam cover one is just open and oil filler one has a pipe into a bottle, I get a tiny amount of oil in the bottle after a full trackday and never anything out the top breather hole. 

More holes means more places for oil leaks. 

As Viz said there are plenty more important things to worry about first, mainly getting the compression suitable for turbo use

• Like 1

Ok sounds good now I’m just waiting on pistons and rods to come in I figured stock bore but I have lower compression pistons coming I’d like to run like 8 to 10 pounds of boost my son is a small guy about 5.1 and does not weigh that much he will be running the bike for me as a typical dad I’m nervous about him raceing the bike 

On 9/28/2019 at 2:46 AM, Ghost said:

Looking for info on how to turbo my carbed say what now!? 750 w

It's pretty simple, make sure the carbs in good condition, new gaskets and stuff, pitot tubes in the up pipe, and on that you connect the float bowl breather pipes.

Some bikes are sensitive on the size of the plenum, mine was, here on this site is also someone who got away with a small plenum. Rule of thumb, plenum size is 2 times the displacement of the engine. If I remember correctly..

Edited by Reinhoud
8 hours ago, Reinhoud said:

It's pretty simple, make sure the carbs in good condition, new gaskets and stuff, pitot tubes in the up pipe, and on that you connect the float bowl breather pipes.

Some bikes are sensitive on the size of the plenum, mine was, here on this site is also someone who got away with a small plenum. Rule of thumb, plenum size is 2 times the displacement of the engine. If I remember correctly..

My plenum is relatively small but the intercooler acts like a secondary plenum

• Like 1