7/11 sprocket ratio

Merijn

Hello all,  my first post here.

I have a '89 powerscreen engine stored and decided to do something with it, so I bought a '89 slingshot 750 frame to build a 7/11 from there on.

But now I can't really find any information on the sprocket ratio. Is it common to use the standard sprocket size of the engine, or is there a recommended one?

Hope someone can help me with this, thank you in advance!

2 hours ago, dupersunc said:

Use the stock 15/48 that the gsxr1100 uses. 14/48 if you want to save front tyre wear.

Thanks! :D

2 hours ago, Blubber said:

Hi, 

Welcome to OSS, 

Introduction in general please :)

PS.  We like pictures and have rules ;)

Will do!

Still collecting parts and gathering info, will post pictures when I start building :)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

I was surprised to see that an 1100F used 52T rear as the GSXR1100 uses a 48T std. and mine used to pull a 45T quite easily. So no you don't want to go bigger unless you want zero front tyre wear! I thought they were both 17" rims?

Gsxf has a 16" rim.  The F is a lot heavier than a 7/11 tho, wouldn't that be a factor as well?

35 minutes ago, Merijn said:

Gsxf has a 16" rim.  The F is a lot heavier than a 7/11 tho, wouldn't that be a factor as well?

Odd as a 15/52 is lower geared than a 15/48 and with a lower rolling circumference goes less distance per rev  - maybe it runs a taller profile to equal a 60 profile on GSXR ? Yes weight would be an issue on accel. but as a general / touring use, top speed wouldn't be so crucial?

44 minutes ago, Gixer1460 said:

Odd as a 15/52 is lower geared than a 15/48 and with a lower rolling circumference goes less distance per rev  - maybe it runs a taller profile to equal a 60 profile on GSXR ? Yes weight would be an issue on accel. but as a general / touring use, top speed wouldn't be so crucial?

The GSXF has an 150/80, so yeah that'll be about the same as the GSXR then.

Edited by Merijn