Supercharged 1100 Oilboiler

Nickel

Time to try new things out. O.o

Had the luck to get my fingers on parts of an old Sims and Rohm Supercharger kit. It's only the charger with intakte and carb adapter. 

Special engine case for starter clutch is missing. So I have to build one for my own. 

DSC_6495.thumb.JPG.467b2f5263aa0642e59314efb3cb899c.JPG

First idea was to put it into a slabby frame, but that wouldn't be possible without modifying the upper frame rails. So I have to go the slingshot way. 

Charger is in very good condition. Was imported from USA years ago. Owners plan was to put it on a EGLI Kwaksaki, but never done it, because lots of nodifications required. 

So he sold it. To me! B|

First things to do: modification of starter clutch case and sourcing out the missing parts to drive the charger. Don't want to use a V-belt, want to use a toothed belt. 

Have to do some search for the ratio of the toothed belt discs. Not much Informations available. :|

More coming soon. (y)

Edited by Nickel
  • Like 8
35 minutes ago, vizman said:

Because glimmer belts look the titties... 

:pimp: only because of that 

No, to be honest, the belt disk of the charger is transport damaged, so I need a new one. Belt also f...d and has the same age as the charger. O.o Also need a new one. So work and parts needed are the same. 

35 minutes ago, vizman said:

mr dunloopie at FBM just had a set of toothed pulleys made, give him a call.

Thanks for the hint, will throw him a mail. (y)