750et rear shocks

Stewart750

I fitted Gazi shocks. Price in the UK is way too much but found some listed on Amazon for £330 (search 'GAZI shock absorbers 330 mm with black spring fork'). I was worried as they have a different paint job (these are from Italy) but came with the chunky 15mm rods and the shop fitted heavier springs for me at no charge. Arrived in 2 days too! Rose jointed top eye but the lower forks are 20mm so I needed to machine a couple of mm to fit the swing arm. Very nice ride.

L1000129b.jpg

Hagon are brilliant and very underrated. For instance they're one of the few makers who have a different spring for GS1000 and GS750.

When I got some recently for my 7/11, standard GS750 ones were too hard, so after a phone call they sent me a set of softer springs and thicker spacers to experiment with.  No charge, just send back the ones I didn't need.

Ended up with 18kg springs instead of 20kg, and thick top retainers. Suspension is now way better than it has ever been. Previously had Konis and Ohlins.

when i was building sidecars, first thing i did was change the shocks, always for hagons, you ring them and tell them what you were doing and thy would offer you options on damping and spring strength, then build them to your requirements and for the same price as a set of stock ones, brilliant firm and brilliant service.

• Like 1