R703 1127 engine ID

jimbob43

• 11 months later...

Jimmy, I've just been cleaning my mk2 blandit 1200 engine and noted the engine number which I noticed started with V720-******. I've checked the V5 which matches up along with 1157 on the engine. My Mk1 1200 blandit engine starts with V719-****** which is again an 1157.

I was for a moment confused with the first number being a 7 as I suddenly thought, "it's a 750...." But what would be the chances of me buying 2 1200 blandits and both of them having 750 engines with 1157 on the barrels? None I hope.

I dont have a clue with engine numbers though. LOL.

Edited by dixiethedog

Just as a bit of a side tale to this, Jimmy got the R703 engine from me. It came my way when a friend pointed me in the direction of a locally for sale "aluminium framed blandit".

I called the seller but spoke to his Dad who told me this story.

"We used to spend a lot of time at the race tracks and (to shorten the story)I bought the bike from Guy Martins mechanic (before he was TV famous by the way)." He did mention the mechanics name but I cant remember it, but he was Guys best mate. Allegedly.

The bike was not an aluminium framed Blandit but a "streetfightered" GSXR1100 slingshot. I bought it at a bargain price after explaining that it wasnt a 1200 blandit engine and it was only an 1127. I asked, "Do you have the std exhaust instead of that "streetfighter" one (a 4-2-1 system). At the time I had bought a draw thru turbo kit from Mr FBM from his old oil cooled gsx et. I only wanted the engine. Plans changed and so the R703 engine went to Jimmy.

If the motor had been built by a decent race mechanic could he have sourced parts direct from Suzuki with the help of his best mate Mr Martin?

I genuinely thought it was an 1127cc GSXR motor.  Even after all of this time Id love to get to the bottom of the story and find out who actually built it and what it is exactly.

Pics of the bike which I'm sorry to say that I think looked hideous.

100_2812.jpg

100_2811.jpg

100_2810.jpg

• Like 1