Filler Cap Help!

Slinky

Hi, i'm new here so please be gentle! I'm in the process of building a 1977 GS750 from a bag of bits and it's getting there. However i've got a few niggly bits and pieces to sort out. On of the most annoying ones is that I didn't get a filler cap with the tank. I went and bought a GS750 one, as you do, and behold it is too big! Doesn't fit. The GS750 cap seems to fit a hole about 45mm across but the hole in my tank is only about 35mm. So now I'm wondering is it a tank off a different bike, or perhaps there are variants of tank for the GS750? Either way I can't find a cap that fits. Any ideas? Please help!

Thanks.

Sept 19.png

Well I know you're all sat on the edge of your seat waiting to know if the filler cap saga has been resolved. Well I'm very happy to say it has. The tank is the original GS750 one and it seems the early GS750s need a smaller cap, same size one used on the earlier GT750. So, purchased a GT750 cap and voila. Happy days. So now I can get back to caressing that lovely brown seat ;)

• Like 3
On 9/21/2019 at 9:45 PM, Slinky said:

Well I know you're all sat on the edge of your seat waiting to know if the filler cap saga has been resolved. Well I'm very happy to say it has. The tank is the original GS750 one and it seems the early GS750s need a smaller cap, same size one used on the earlier GT750. So, purchased a GT750 cap and voila. Happy days. So now I can get back to caressing that lovely brown seat ;)

With your beard? :D

Welcome,  by the way!

Edited by Ronny
Forgot my manners
On 9/21/2019 at 9:45 PM, Slinky said:

that was cos the early gs's used less fuel so didnt need a big hole to fill the tank...........

• Like 1