190 tyre on a slabbie 17

Bobby

The comment about offset sprocket. This will only work if chain will not hit frame which I feel it will. So wheel have to be spaced to the right so it won't actually be in alignment. Be ok for pub and back but not too good for serious riding.

Think Viz post sums it up.

All stuff to check out.

Edited by jonny1bump
  • Like 1

The chain clears the frame and both front and rear wheels are in the centre of the bike on the dudettes slabby ( I wouldn’t have done it if I couldn’t have the rear wheel central ) it was a faff on due to the way the oz rear wheel is constructed to carry the sprocket and the old skool relatively skinny metmachex arm.

I did have to make up my own offset front sprocket and run a thinner chain.

.....all because I couldn’t find an ozracing forged wheel to match in a 5.5

• Like 1

There’s another 10mm before the dudettes chain hits the frame

maybe the OP is going for a styling exercise, I don’t think he needs to give you two a reason......I’ve seen wider set ups in the back of slabby, and I’ve seen them being used and abused.

as for handling, I’m sure the 120/180 set up would be better than a 120/200

• Like 1
8 hours ago, vizman said:

There’s another 10mm before the dudettes chain hits the frame

maybe the OP is going for a styling exercise, I don’t think he needs to give you two a reason......I’ve seen wider set ups in the back of slabby, and I’ve seen them being used and abused.

as for handling, I’m sure the 120/180 set up would be better than a 120/200

I know you've done it, I'm gob smacked by 10 mm clearance really don't know how you achieved that. You must have a zebede straight edge.

• Like 1

@jonny1bump10mm might be a slight exaggeration.... 

straight edge along face of front sprocket and rear sprocket past the the back of the rear tyre, with the rear wheel central and equal distance between the straight edge at the front and at the rear of the tyre gives me about 2/3mm between chain and tyre and about 7/8mm between chain and inner frame.

not running a 530 chain. 

If it was anyone else I’d say gofunkyourself, but I know you know what your doing, even if you don’t know I know, if you know what I mean.

• Like 4
  • 10 months later...

Just remembered about this post I started. Anyway yes its possible, in fact I've got a 6.5 inch dymag wheel on a 200/55 tyre. Ive not measured nor machine the front sprocket yet but I'm sure I am cooking on gas. I am running a 520 race chain anyway which will be needed.