190 tyre on a slabbie 17

Bobby

So I've got a 5.5 width 17 inch wheel in my slabbie, currently I'm running a 170 rear tyre but looking to put a 190 on the wheel, looking at the bike its looking like with the 190 on it I might have an issue with the chain rubbing\touching the edge of the tyre! so has anyone done this or a solution should this be the case? thank you  

On 9/13/2019 at 11:38 PM, Bobby said:

Old skool street fighter build

Now you got me slightly worried. 

Please refrain from using twin dominater headlights,  purple anodized bolts and everything else out of the MustPee catalogue.... That WOULD really suck.

Thank you for being considered. ;)

Edited by Blubber
  • Like 2

There may be insufficient clearance between the chain and the frame spar using a 6" wheel in such a frame without major sprocket carrier surgery. If the wheel takes Dymag's current sprocket carrier design, then this prevents machining to move the chain nearer the tyre so a bespoke carrier will likely be needed:) I had similar problems fitting a 6 inch race wheel to a frame built when such wide wheels did not exist. A 180 tyre just about gives enough clearance (the narrowest tyre that fits on a 6 inch rim....) but that's fine as it won't fuck up the steering.

Edited by Dezza

The dudette’s slabby is running a 6inch ozracing wheel in the back of her slabby 11 mated to a metmachex swingarm.

i had to cut off the original adjusters, make the left hand side adjuster stepped out, shave about 8mm off the wheel hub and offset the front sprocket.....‘‘twas a right ball ache to work out.