My Bandits

rdubandit

On 10/11/2019 at 1:54 PM, rdubandit said:

I got it from a yahoo auction site: buyee.jp — loads of stuff on there that one cannot source in the US.  Shipping is expensive but fast.

Looks like a whole load of fancy bike stuff on there but the prices are so steep they're almost vertical:(

2 hours ago, Dezza said:

Looks like a whole load of fancy bike stuff on there but the prices are so steep they're almost vertical:(

Everything I bought on there was used...GSX-R400 front fender, exhaust, and Agras rearsets at ~50% cost of new.

Edited by rdubandit
clarification
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I masked off and Cerakoted the outer clutch cover.

FullSizeRender_zpssoaalf0m.jpeg

i now think I'll use Cerakote on engine covers rather than (far thicker) powder-coat.  Has anyone done this or had engine covers ceramic coated?  I know you can have exhaust systems ceramic coated, so it should hold up well.

• Like 2

I'm with you on powdercoat on engine parts. It's usually much thicker than paint so has the potential to insulate when heat dissapation is needed. Personally, I use wheel paint on engine covers and then laquer over but I am very much interested in how these really thin fancy coatings turn out on engine parts.

54 minutes ago, Dezza said:

I'm with you on powdercoat on engine parts. It's usually much thicker than paint so has the potential to insulate when heat dissapation is needed. Personally, I use wheel paint on engine covers and then laquer over but I am very much interested in how these really thin fancy coatings turn out on engine parts.

Agreed on the thickness/heat dissipation of powdercoat.  I have a few valve covers that I'll spray with Cerakote and report my findings.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/5/2020 at 11:39 AM, opalmanta said:

That Fastec clutch cover looks like it should work with some of the aftermarket lockup  clutches. Very nice ! One of those would be killer on my 01' Bandit.

Perhaps, yes.  If you want, I can take any measurements you need.

• 2 weeks later...

What is the distance/clearance between face of pressure plate and the inside face of cover. I could make spacer to allow for the lock up arms that stick up from pressure plate where five spring bolts go in. Looks like its deep enough but actual dimensions would help. One other thing is Fastec allowed to sell more or was this one the only one they will make? John at Fastec has made quite a number of kool stuff for various bikes.

On 5/30/2020 at 6:11 PM, opalmanta said:

What is the distance/clearance between face of pressure plate and the inside face of cover. I could make spacer to allow for the lock up arms that stick up from pressure plate where five spring bolts go in. Looks like its deep enough but actual dimensions would help. One other thing is Fastec allowed to sell more or was this one the only one they will make? John at Fastec has made quite a number of kool stuff for various bikes.

I’ll measure this later today and post up. They have the CAD file, so I’m sure they’d be happy to mill another. I know they have one on the Bandit that’s in their shop.