My Bandits

rdubandit

'97 Bandit 1200 with ZRX1200 swingarm, Gale Speed wheels, Omar's tail (I frenched in the tail light), Micron headers with one-off midpipe/reverse megaphone, GSX-R750 front end, etc.

D069186C-4A79-4FB4-93C6-1F12C32831B7_zps

82894297-D273-4819-BA35-BF3E7F8EA40F_zps

My '02 with aftermarket tail, tubless spoked wheels, GSX-R1100 front end, Motogadget goodies, Hindle full system, etc.

DSC_2602_zps86e50606.jpg

...and my '04 touring rig.  ;-)

P5060139_zps2ca248b7.jpg

Edited by rdubandit
  • Like 5

Welcome, I do like those spoked wheels :D Were you ever tempted to try them in the 97 (silver) bandit?

lol, not yet.  The front would bolt right on , but the rear might be an expensive swap.  The silver bike is supposed to be a modern cafe as it lacks the classic lines.  The wheels, and suspension are in line with a more modern flavor.  Nevertheless, I'm curious how it would look with the Alpinas...

Edited by rdubandit
  • Like 1
  • 3 years later...

Some updates to the '97, including a new exhaust system, ISR masters, new shocks, etc.

fullsizeoutput_28f_zpscbjiz8aa.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_329_zps0vrcdmtn.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_323_zpspaommzfw.jpeg

I also picked this up in November '17:

IMG_8227_zpsqmsuw2v0.jpg

I modified a fiberglass RGV250 tail and slingshot 750 fairing:

fullsizeoutput_a51_zpsvblxegw3.jpeg

Yokes and stem machined by Fastec:

fullsizeoutput_985_zpsvveimr3y.jpeg

m-Unit, m-Button, and m-Switch equipped:

IMG_0233_zpsemcyhocz.jpg

fullsizeoutput_a79_zps7is39jri.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_98e_zpsdcopdbpm.jpeg

Slingshot 750 forks with GSX-R600 fork tubes anodized and stanchions DLC coated:

IMG_0270_zpsztgrausr.jpg

Brembo 4-pad calipers:

fullsizeoutput_9ad_zpsiluteayv.jpeg

One-off (machined by Fastec) rear caliper bracket for Brembo caliper

fullsizeoutput_a18_zpskdpgrx1y.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_a4b_zps4zhi7cw3.jpeg

1216 JE pistons, Web 236 intake cam, ported head, Ohnishi Heat Magic full titanium system, RF900R swingarm with '98 R1 brace:

fullsizeoutput_a2f_zpscw7jbezg.jpeg

Agras and K-Factory bling:

fullsizeoutput_aab_zpsazsv2ady.jpeg

Agras sliders and GSG-Moto starter cover:

fullsizeoutput_aac_zpsozvahamn.jpeg

Edited by rdubandit
  • Like 11
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, I would have it back together, but the m.unit is completely dead.  Odd since the bike’s just been sitting, and I even started it a few times since tear down.  I checked all the usual suspects and the m.unit is getting 12V (and ground) but does not power on.  I’ve sent a message to Motogadget and Spiegler-USA.

Any m.unit users have one shit the bed?

Can't help with the Moon Units but I noticed that your silver bike uses (I think) a Daytona Verona 80 multi guage. Are you using the stock Blandit speed sensor or one from Daytona? I ask as I have a similar clock for my project bike, which has at the moment a Suzuki speed sensor on the gearbox sprocket (the same sensor is used on many Suzuki models). I have been informed that it is possible to get these units to work with the stock sensor but have yet to find anyone who has actually done this.

1 hour ago, SiBag said:

When is a Blandit not a Blandit.

When @rdubandithas been playing with it.

impressive scoot you have there….:x

Thanks SiBag!!

On a whim,* I decided to swap in a Shorai battery from one of my other Bandits, and voila! So, the m.unit is fine, and I'll be speaking with Shorai.

*actually, my wife said, "just put in another battery."  </blush>

IrB50YcS6mgVujJYKr49Q_thumb_1258_zpsnpzj

WwQWVbs8SW9RboEFGo1A_thumb_1257_zpselgky

• Like 5
On 10/4/2019 at 2:35 PM, Dezza said:

Can't help with the Moon Units but I noticed that your silver bike uses (I think) a Daytona Verona 80 multi guage. Are you using the stock Blandit speed sensor or one from Daytona? I ask as I have a similar clock for my project bike, which has at the moment a Suzuki speed sensor on the gearbox sprocket (the same sensor is used on many Suzuki models). I have been informed that it is possible to get these units to work with the stock sensor but have yet to find anyone who has actually done this.

Hi Dezza - the gauge on the silver Bandit is a KOSO TNT unit.  I drilled the rear caliper bracket to fit the sensor and it’s held in place with a grub screw.  I don’t like the extra wiring around the front wheel or sprocket cover, so this works well as the swingarm hides the sensor and wiring.

6B1CFEBB-55E7-4675-BA1D-7ACB4AF667E0_zps

...same setup on the new/black bike:

fullsizeoutput_986_zpsrggzqaem.jpeg

Edited by rdubandit
added pics
  • Like 5