Transmission/gearbox for GSX1100

1 hour ago, Askamaskinservice said:

The man i bought it from said Prostock, airshifter.

Ok, then it's more than likely an auto box. In case if you aren't familiar with the concept...

The gear dogs are shaped so that positive torque holds the gear in and negative forces the gear out. On upshift the higher gear is engaged while the lower gear is stil in. When the higher gear starts to drive the shaft the lower one is forced out since the shaft spins faster than the gear. So there is no need to cut power during shifting and this results continuous acceleration. Downside is that you can't do any engine braking on the auto gears since it would force the gear out while the shift fork is trying to hold it in.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Arttu said:

Downside is that you can't do any engine braking on the auto gears since it would force the gear out while the shift fork is trying to hold it in.

You actually can't back off until you are in top gear - if you do, you risk wrecking shift forks and shift shafts. This is a cases split operation to replace but auto users adapt and machine the cases to allow access and replacement via the sump and clutch cavity - multi handed job but better than engine out / split / rebuild and re-install with an hour between rounds!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

The thing is that the transmission was part of a deal, so now i have another EFE in parts and a Sidewinder for perfomance use only.:D

Yes i'm mental, but i can't say no to a EFE if it's a good deal, even when it's a 300km travel oneway.

He also had a Dragbike chassi for "Classic" setup for EFE engine 1500cc done in a chassijig out of Docol R8.:ph34r:

Do you want to see pictures of it????:P