Shock questions - K4 Swingarm in 1100L frame

DeeMaxBack

Hey everyone, new to the forum, already learning a lot! I'm sure something along these lines has been addressed before but after hours of searching I've still found very little.

Just gathering insight at the minute on people's experiences with fitting a later type GSXR swingarm (Preferably k4 1000) and getting a shock to fit a slingshot frame. It is off at the minute getting spacers made to fit my 1100L frame and it's only the shock and linkage that will be holding me back from getting it rolling.

Now come the questions. A few little birdies told me my place to go is OSS if I want to try get my hands on an adapter plate for lower shock mount to allow a later k-series shock and linkage to fit. Also, I have a chart for all the sizes and lengths of the shocks and upper and lower dimensions but I want to make sure.

Will any of the GSXR linkages/knuckles fit the range of shocks or is there one best suited to my set up that someone would recommend?

I also need recommendations/peoples ideas for a rear shock best suited to my needs that wont be awful to fit and a link/placename to a good set of adjustable dog bones that wont break the bank ;)

Thanks in advance for any help! It's much appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/5/2019 at 12:31 AM, DeeMaxBack said:

Hey everyone, new to the forum, already learning a lot! I'm sure something along these lines has been addressed before but after hours of searching I've still found very little.

Just gathering insight at the minute on people's experiences with fitting a later type GSXR swingarm (Preferably k4 1000) and getting a shock to fit a slingshot frame. It is off at the minute getting spacers made to fit my 1100L frame and it's only the shock and linkage that will be holding me back from getting it rolling.

Now come the questions. A few little birdies told me my place to go is OSS if I want to try get my hands on an adapter plate for lower shock mount to allow a later k-series shock and linkage to fit. Also, I have a chart for all the sizes and lengths of the shocks and upper and lower dimensions but I want to make sure.

Will any of the GSXR linkages/knuckles fit the range of shocks or is there one best suited to my set up that someone would recommend?

I also need recommendations/peoples ideas for a rear shock best suited to my needs that wont be awful to fit and a link/placename to a good set of adjustable dog bones that wont break the bank ;)

Thanks in advance for any help! It's much appreciated.

Danm54 is selling the adapter bracket for the conversion.

• Like 1

I put a K1 swingarm into my slingshot, never bothered with the adaptor bracket, use a slingshot linkage, slingshot shock and made some dog bones to suit, alk I had to do was grind away a small amount from the underside cross brace on the swingarm to get a bit if clearence, worked perfectly on road and racing. No need to complicate things with expensive bits if you dont need to imo

• Like 4
  • 1 year later...
5 hours ago, 1989year said:

Yes I’ve done the same 

but have no travel up and down 

or limited travel 

can’t work it out yet

Are you getting to the point the linkages are parallel with the linkage? That will stop it being able to move. You would need a longer shock to lower the linkage and extend the dog bones.

I had an ohlins in mine and it was set really long to get it to work

• Like 1