WTF did I just buy? (GSXR engines)

Zweihammer

2 hours ago, Zweihammer said:

Well, you guys are shite for talking me out of things.

I shot off a text. We’l see if he answers. I am always surprised how long people leave up ads after they already sold.

We encourage "  bad " things on here.

Never noticed how many racers / turbo's / big bored engines are on here?

Can't be a coincidence :banana:

• Like 4

Welp, 

Texted the fellow and he got back to me.

Long story short, I am going to meet him Sunday morning. Unless it’s an elaborate ruse to jump me and hit me over the head with a sock full of quarters to steal me lucky charms, I will bring another wayward waif back to the orphanage.

You people are no help. No help at all.

• Like 1

Well, the seller was straight up honest. 
Both bikes in the ad were his. The ratty black slabby for sale, and the beautiful show slingy.
He and his friends built them, along two other 750 slingshots a few years back. 
According to him, the one I bought was his friend’s daily around San Jose and the South Bay. Rode it until he had issues that caused him to park it in ‘14.
Can’t imagine what that would be with a no-gauges-or-turn-signals, straight pipe, hooligan’s perch running around the city.
Exactly what I lusted for about ten years ago. 
It is a runner with a clean title. Wiring is roughly as a cob, but the rest of the mods look solid.

His other bike was sweet. He told me he will never get rid of it, as it was always the subject of fights he had with his girlfriend. Now she is his wife and has told him after all of that she’d leave him if he backed out now.

2762C2F7-8469-4A3B-9F95-186F67A47A9E.jpeg

9120AE1A-AF1D-48CB-B798-7531BE42907E.jpeg

E471C00E-7573-4F30-936B-43785406EFC0.jpeg

• Like 3