Bonneville Salt Flats racer....

busa1300

2 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

and how did it perform?

Just like a stocker i'd guess - looking at the gearing! It's got twice the engines, stock horsepower but twice the torque! Having 90 deg bends on the exhaust outlets - class! It's about the jenkyest redneck combination I could imagine!

5 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

Just like a stocker i'd guess - looking at the gearing! It's got twice the engines, stock horsepower but twice the torque! Having 90 deg bends on the exhaust outlets - class! It's about the jenkyest redneck combination I could imagine

Looking at the chain run and the position of the gearbox output shafts I would think it's got some form of transfer box to connect them up and raise the gearing.

2 minutes ago, Gixer1460 said:

Seems all a waste of everyone's time then - getting in the way of people that are REALLY there to go fast! And claiming a record - Seriously!

not really there are classes for everyone ....the record for some is less than 100mph

but I agree its not to everyone's taste......and its not as easy as a lot think either.....

It's not my cup of tea either but good luck to him getting it running and having a go. I always though the whole point of events like Bonneville was that anyone could have a go no matter what they brought as long as it wasn't mechanically unsound, and the event wasn't some kind of race meeting poisoned by 'competitiveness.'

3 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

I know its salt, but couldn't a std ET manage that sort of average? Serious Question!

It's about setting records. there are a bewildering number of classes on the salt. If you choose the 1300 production class you'll be up against all sorts of trick kit.

Scan the records and find a soft record and build a bike to challenge it. 

That's what that bike is all about.

On 9/1/2019 at 10:58 AM, Gixer1460 said:

Seems all a waste of everyone's time then - getting in the way of people that are REALLY there to go fast! And claiming a record - Seriously!

Much like drag racing, it should only be top fuel stuff cos nobody else is as fast. :banana:

• Like 1