GS750

ccroaker

Hello people... i have a 1977 gs750 which if standing back looks ok ish... but up close really needs everything either resprayed or restored... im looking to just tidy up a bit for now... i have 1 of the black plastic chain guard s but think a chrome 1 would make things look better... anyone know if a different model chain guard ... gs550 etc is a bolt on fit ... i know some parts are interchangable just cant find a chrome chain guard gs750...any help greatly appreciated...

056.JPG

• Like 3

their a good bike.... still goes pretty well for 42 yrs old....its nearly as old as me and probably in better condition....some day i might strip it down and do a proper job on it but for now just trying to smarten it up a bit and use it....i just think a chrome chain guard might look good

7 minutes ago, Swiss Toni said:

Even the std plastic  chainguard is hard to come by, nowadays. GS550 might fit. I have a '78 750EC. Had it for about 35 years now. Great bikes! Yours looks in not bad fettle. Won't take much to tidy it up. (y)

thats a long time to own a bike..... any major problems with yours???  .... their a nice bike to ride ... and get a lot of notice from the older guys

thanks for the offer lad.... but i was kinda looking for a standard one only in chrome ....its not a big deal....i get these mad thoughts every now and again...even the stance on your one with the exhaust seat and front mudguard looks mean and really suits it...it looks fast just parked up...

On 9/3/2019 at 8:12 AM, ccroaker said:

thanks for the offer lad.... but i was kinda looking for a standard one only in chrome ....its not a big deal....i get these mad thoughts every now and again...even the stance on your one with the exhaust seat and front mudguard looks mean and really suits it...it looks fast just parked up...

I think a chrome chain guard would set your GS off nicely, it would tie in well with the chrome front guard, mounting holes aren't a show stopper - a piece of stainless or alloy and a couple of rivnuts of similar and I'm sure you could get one to fit, BTW I bought one of those chrome GS front guards to hopefully put on my 1100, I like the look of them.

5 hours ago, RickC said:

I think a chrome chain guard would set your GS off nicely, it would tie in well with the chrome front guard, mounting holes aren't a show stopper - a piece of stainless or alloy and a couple of rivnuts of similar and I'm sure you could get one to fit, BTW I bought one of those chrome GS front guards to hopefully put on my 1100, I like the look of them.

the chrome front guards look well.... but expensive when you find a good one...should look well on ur 1100

10 hours ago, Swiss Toni said:

@RickCIf your front 'guard is in good condition, give the underside a good clean. Silicone all round the mounting bracket, to stop water & mud getting behind it (this is where they rust). Then,  coat the underside of the 'guard with either Hammerite or a rubberised under seal. Then it'll last for years! (y)

Thanks Toni, it is in good condition, I wouldn't have thought to do that but it sounds like a good idea.