750 to 1100 wiring

alboo

Hi this is my first request (every other problem i have been able to sort from other peoples posts) so if i explain that i have had a 1982 katana 750 for some time and been quite happy with it BUT people keep saying stick a 1100 into it and due to work commitments have had no time free to fit this 1100f motor i acquired some time ago but now i have and have started. the 1100 motor is on my bench the katana is half striped and i have come across a puzzle that your site does not have an immediate answer  for what wires go were from the katana loom to the 1100 motor and from the motor to the loom ( I have searched and better searched but no joy, so please can any one put up a simple what goes were and which parts do i require i have sorted mountin plated from grumpy 1260 so that side is covered.regards Alboo

Hi captain i do have the relevant harness and the cdi from the 1100 i was hoping their was a not so electric involvement and i could retain the katana harness and just use a part of the harness  or go to bed and the fairies will have completed it for me sorry nerves got the best of me.  

regards Alboo 

• Like 1

thanks for the welcome  and yes i have the wiring drawings for both bikes and that was my intention but being a out and out cowered i was hoping some one on a white horse would rescue me ,also was any one tried the 750 carbs on the 1100 i have a set that have just been ultrasonically cleaned and look to be  the same size physically and i know the jetting will be wrong but if it only means losing a bit off power thats fine

regards alboo