New on tooic new at rebuilding motors(problems)

Sanduhr

Hi guy's,

Im new at this forum weile ive received a suzuki gsx1100e from a friend of mine. He had problems wih the dynamo falling of the shaft and therefor pushed it in their garage for 15 jears. 

Now Im dismantling it to check te status and the firt this i found is the chamshaft is damaged and the bearing toplayer is ruined. Is ths happened before and does this mean i need a new cilinder (head)

Thanks

15659423827026380473464144567631.jpg

15659423552362021129125131510618.jpg

Hi Sander,

Welcome to OSS (y)

Good luck with the repair.  The stock cams pop up on the various action sites.. even upgrade ones.

The head can be repaired... if its economecly the smartest thing to do?.. up to you

You used to have Jan Smit Power Parts in Wormerveer / Assendelft.... he was semi-retired last time i was there. - so don't know if he is still active.

Alternatively ..You could try these guys (only hear say)  or even these in Amsterdam. The latter i used myself for cutting and grinding valves in my cilinder head.  They seamed very knowledgeable

6 hours ago, dac said:

Way back it used to be a performance improvement by yoshimura to inline bore the cam journals and fit soft metal shell bearings like you have in a big end or main bearing .

I believe the shells were from a Kwak ?  Its hard enough to find someone to line bore cam caps, even harder to find someone to overbore them, modify the caps and bearings and fit them - not saying impossible just V. spendy!

Edited by Gixer1460
  • 2 weeks later...