Oil cooler mounting

Once I bought a new Termignoni 4-2-1 system and it included similar brackets to space out the cooler a bit. Everything was cool, until the first proper braking action, the steering was locked solid under nearly full compression. Turned out the front mudguard was touching the cooler.

A short session with the angle grinder was enough, I just removed 2 cm from the rear of the mudguard.

And if I were you I would put the rubbers in those brackets, just like the original bottom cooler mounts.

• 1 month later...

As Dezza 

Up graded rubber  grommets on 2 x fixing bolts ( rubber fixings  outlet store )

I had a similar issue with an aftermarket oil cooler 

I made up an oil cooler holding bracket for the bottom of the cooler  with locating tabs to suit the lugs on the frame 

Using some push iron inner tube rubber glued to the cooler holding tabs never had a problem 

16 hours ago, Hoomietune said:

As Dezza 

Up graded rubber  grommets on 2 x fixing bolts ( rubber fixings  outlet store )

I had a similar issue with an aftermarket oil cooler 

I made up an oil cooler holding bracket for the bottom of the cooler  with locating tabs to suit the lugs on the frame 

Using some push iron inner tube rubber glued to the cooler holding tabs never had a problem 

Old inner tubes indeed have multiple uses:)

How much room do you have above the cooler ?

On Bandits, I lift the coolers by 10 mil by re drilling the top mount holes and lengthen the bottom tabs to seat in the lower mounts.

I've not looked at GSXR frames,  some one more knowledgeable might know if it’s an option.

its a common problem when fitting larger diameter headers to bandits