GSXR1000 EXHAUST ON A GSXR1100L ENGINE ?

Wagola

Hi All,

Another question that I'm sure has been answered or talked about on here in the past but I can't find it. I have heard that some GSXR1000 exhausts will fit on a GSXR1100 engine. If this is fact, which model of GSXR1000 will fit ? I just like the idea of some titanium on my bike somewhere. Any help or answers greatly appreciated.

Got gsxr1000 k2 on my gsx1100f powered Kat and gsxr1000k1 on my b12 powered gsx1157et project ;)

You want the gsxr1000 headers that dose not have the small link pipe between numbers 2-3 down pipes, as said above you need to tweek the headers apart a little bit for them to sit in the oil cooled zorst ports but this can be done by hand ;)

• 3 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, DeeMaxBack said:

Brilliant info, off I go drooling over titanium thousand headers :x

The best "easier to fit" are the ones without the balance pipes between 1-2 and 3-4....as you do need to spread them slightly to fit

you can use the linked ones but its harder as you need to cut and either re-weld or cut them off and blank the hole in the header

23 hours ago, Duckndive said:

The best "easier to fit" are the ones without the balance pipes between 1-2 and 3-4....as you do need to spread them slightly to fit

you can use the linked ones but its harder as you need to cut and either re-weld or cut them off and blank the hole in the header

Perfect, I managed to get my hands on a set of K1 GSXR 1000 titanium ones. Checked the pics and there doesnt appear to be a link, only rather a bracket clamped on to brace the pipes but looks removable. I'll keep everyone posted anyways when they arrive :D