What front ends fit 77 gs 750??

Just wondering were to start my project and if there any front ends fit straight onto a 77 gs 750 frame.

Was thinking of  just restoring what I have but if there is a front end that will fit with minor work might consider it.

At the minute I have a frame/swingarm that's going off to be powder coated next week then I'm just building something from there not sure what yet standard or modified.

But the front shocks are corroded and pitted so thinking of replacing with something else more modern but would like to keep original wheels as like the old skool look of them.

Any info appreciated

If you want to keep your gs front wheel your looking a gs750/850/1000 or gsx750/1100ET or Katana, you could go for gsx1100efe or gsx750es but they had a 16" front wheel not a 18" or gsxr slabside they had a 18" front wheel but you'd have to make up some plate for the calipers and on most play with the lock stops.

if you did not use the gs front wheel, the world is yours.

if you want to stay RWU i fitted a pair of CBR600RR '03(?) in a moto martin which had GS1000E forks originally.

straight in bar reducing the top spacer and oversized bearings in a bandit front wheel.

they might be a tad short for a standard GS though (Eblag has some decent steering dampers if it gets lively!!)

That doesn't show the 78-79 8 valve GS750 as being available for that conversion.

(They show the 1980 'GS'750, but they mean GSX).

It would be great if you could just do it with a bearing swap! When I did mine (admittedly 20 years ago) there wasn't a bearing available. The 750 steering head is too small.

Just checked, and the CBR1000 and GS1000 (etc) have the same outer bearing diameters, 47 top and 55 bottom. The bottom is 55 x 30 x 17 in both cases.

The GS750 on the other hand has a 48 x 27 x 14 bottom bearing.

The GS750 headstock was bit feeble and the same size as the 550, and lots of other small/medium sized Suzukis of the time.

The solution I used was to fit the 750 stem into the Slabby yolks I wanted to use,  with a turned up bush. Also have a spacer at the top, so I can use a 750 bearing set.