My gsx1100efe

Pudzrx

35 minutes ago, Pudzrx said:

Only trouble I  find with hammerite is it takes ages to go off , and you have to leave it 24hours for every subsequent coat.  I like the halfords satin black myself , goes on lovely.

Cheers puddy  :)

I know where you're coming from with the drying issues, I've discovered after many resprays that hammerite loves heat, so I give the subject a good hiding with a heat gun and blast it several times after each coat, seems to work perfect. There again we all have our own methods to get there.

Black frames look cool on EFE's me thinks.:tu

6 hours ago, Pudzrx said:

Only trouble I  find with hammerite is it takes ages to go off , and you have to leave it 24hours for every subsequent coat.  I like the halfords satin black myself , goes on lovely.

yeah ive used the Halfords stuff a few times, its pretty good (y) 

Well , been busy over the weekend, luckily it warmed up , 9 deg c, toasty !

Rubbed down , primed and painted.

Put them all back together today with new seals , oil  and dust covers. 

Will refit them once I've sorted the loose fitting secondhand starcycle headers, more to follow on that :)

puddy 

20210116_114817.jpg

20210116_113833.jpg

20210118_100337.jpg

20210118_115628.jpg

Edited by Pudzrx
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I've  been chipping away at the oil cooler problem, standard one runs right thru the starcycle headers. 

Found an old cooler in the shed , cut off the bsp fittings and had dash 6 weld ons fitted. Bought a cheap bracket kit on the bay and modded that a bit to fit . Finally bought a very nice oil cooler line kit , just had to spread the 180's a bit to fit.

Also bought some fittings for the lines into the block , and put it all together today , worked out very nicely.

Puddy :)

20210111_160228.jpg

20210120_172221.jpg

20210120_172306.jpg

IMG-20210130-WA0002.jpeg

• Like 4
1 minute ago, TonyGee said:

very satisfying when you figure out a problem :tu

Yeah , just gotta make a bracket for the v&h meg , its actually a srteet meg with a n off set unlike the race ones which are dead straight. But now its all fully on there it actually runs quite nicely behind the brake pedal, more to come on that.

• Like 3

Ordered some 70mm horns , the standard ones are touching everything even with the brackets reversed.

Put the front wheel back in today , one of the spindle clamp threads is u/s so just gonna get some stainless 60mm cap heads and nuts to get round that problem.

So , apart from the meg bracket very little to do to the efe now .

Luckily the katana chipped in today with a few little jobs to make up for that tho , lol

Fitted wadded baffle , new front brake light switch,  and  fitted the genuine sharks fins. 

Puddy  :)

20210201_164930.jpg

20210201_170200.jpg

20210201_164949.jpg

• Like 1
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, TonyGee said:

looking good :tu  it makes a big difference to an old bike with the better wheels and forks. 

Tbh my katana is on stock wheels and suspension,  and I  have great fun on that , was out on it  on Sunday. 

Thanks tho , well chuffed :)

• Like 1

Efe passed its mot after a couple of small hiccups,  steering head bearing re- adjustment,  and lack of number plate light , although my katana hasn't got one,  and the same tester never aaid anything about that,  lol. 

Done a few miles on it so far, and I would say it picks up better than the katana,  and also feels more nimble !

Puddy  :)

11 minutes ago, Swiss Toni said:

So, now you’ll be having second thoughts?

Oh yes definitely.  Trouble is,  in inverted commas , I have the efe , an 1100 katana  , 2 x big classic kwaks , several 1980's 2 stroke machines , and a couple of other bikes apart from that. Something has to give ! 

Thank you for your concern tho  :)

puddy

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Pudzrx said:

Oh yes definitely.  Trouble is,  in inverted commas , I have the efe , an 1100 katana  , 2 x big classic kwaks , several 1980's 2 stroke machines , and a couple of other bikes apart from that. Something has to give ! 

Thank you for your concern tho  :)

puddy

As this is OSS: the only advice "we" will give is to keep the Suzuki's ...  and thus sell the other brands.

In the real world that ^ doesn't work..  so it is up to you.. again xD