My gsx1100efe

Pudzrx

Been down the chicken shed tnt to have a bit of a mock up with the vapor blasted clutch cover and powder coated points cover .

I am quite pleased with the look tbh .

Also took a pic of my freshly recovered and chopped down front and rear seat .

Brought the sprocket cover back with me to get some stainless cap heads for that as well as the starter cover.

Puddy  :)

20190827_195513.jpg

20190827_195537.jpg

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Been a bit distracted for the last week with another Suzuki i bought to sell , but its going down to my local bike shop on sale or return tmw . Think the first jobbie is engine covers back on , oil in and a fire up. Fingers crossed the carbs won't leak any more  . Pics to follow !

Edited by Pudzrx
On 8/10/2019 at 7:26 PM, Pudzrx said:

Thanks , from what i can gather its been off the road for some time , gsxr wheels front and rear powder coated along with the frame. Gsxr front end and freshly painted bodywork.

Hopefully i can get it over the line to be being permanently back on the road .

Motor  seems to be in good fettle , a few electrcal gremlins such as  the usual battery light on and the oil temp guage not working.

Cheers puddy  :)

have you found the problem with the battery light. my gsx1100 ef is doing the same, with at new battery fitted.

From what i have read somewhere on here , they were originally fitted with an internal battery condition sensor.  Those batteries are no longer available and there is a wiring mod to put the light out . Will let you know if i succeed with mine ,  i have a friend who is an electronics wizard so fingers crossed.

• 5 months later...

Oooo , was it really the sunny days of September I last worked on this ?  Well sold 3 x other bikes / distractions in the last couple of weeks and rebuilt the engine on another project over xmas ( 1976 italian 2 stroke moped for those that are interested  ) which is now up and running , so no excuses , deffo back on the efe ready for spring :)

Puddy

Edited by Pudzrx
  • 8 months later...
On 9/19/2019 at 8:26 PM, Pudzrx said:

Well its only been a year and a bit , but finally managed to drill out 4 bolts , 1 broken tap that had to be  broken up with a plasma cutter , then drill ,tap and helicoil , also got another flywheel. 

20201114_152655.jpg

IMG-20201114-WA0000.jpeg

Edited by Pudzrx
  • 5 weeks later...

I  am using black plastic washers under the cap heads so as not to damage the fresh powder coat , so I  don't want to over tighten them.

11 hours ago, Tosha said:

Nice bike ...

38 minutes ago, Blower1 said:

Nice bike!

Why to put thread locker on case cover screws?

Edited by Pudzrx
  • 3 weeks later...

Well , the running got progressively worse so back to the drawing board. Cyl2 seemed to have a problem so swapped no.1 and 2 plugs , ht caps etc to no avail. So off with the tank , checked coil conections , ht was really strong on cranking. So checked compressions ,all even . New plugs , checked fuel into carbs and fresh fuel in a bottle. Fired up , a bit fluffy then as it warmed up was spot on !

So very happy , might even book her in for an mot at last.

Puddy  :)20210107_142429.thumb.jpg.6460af84a365cb7fb694b51dc70d360d.jpg

20210107_142438.jpg

20210107_142449.jpg

• Like 3

Always something to do , so decided to try some Star cycle headers I acquired recently along with a V&H street meg. 

Looks pretty cool , but the stock oil cooler is gonna be in the way . 

Also too k the front end out to replace the fork seals and dust covers.

20210110_165421.jpg

20210111_160228.jpg

20210110_165406.jpg

Edited by Pudzrx
  • Like 1

You are both right of course........ but, probably be the only street efe you will see with them fitted !

Currently toying with another oil cooler setup , I  have a 10 row mocal type one in stock , just ordered some an-6 weld ons and looking at chinese mounting brackets and fitting kit , all in should cost less than a £100. 

Btw , got a V&H pro system for my kat coming too , watch this space , lol.

Puddy :)

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

And it will hurt low down power. They are designed for an engine that lives most of its life @10k+ rpm and then for about 7 seconds LOL! Oh and for bikes that don't have coolers as well !

You were saying about oil coolers , on  my mates efe , lol.

Screenshot_20210112-132605_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20210112-132556_WhatsApp.jpg

2 hours ago, Pudzrx said:

Todays task , lol.

More pics later when they are done and back together , also wanna paint the lower legs.

20210115_101153.jpg

I painted the lower legs on mine a while back used black satin smooth hammerite rattle can, goes on a treat and a good tough Finnish for a cheap practical Job.