My gsx1100efe

Pudzrx

Bought this a couple of months ago , was after one of these or a katana,  but after sitting on a kat at a bike shop in redhill decided to opt for an efe.

Looks like the bike has been around for a while , most recently down near Salisbury and yeovil.

So far i have fitted indicators , powder coated the rocker cover and checked valve clearances whilst it was off.

Also had the seats recovered and front seat chopped down.

Got a chainguard for it , and have the footrests off currently as they are in a bit of a state mechanically.

Fitted braided front hoses with a brembo radial mc.

Horn brackets have also been pc'd , hoping to get the rest of the engine covers done this week.

Also balanced the carbs the other night , although one is leaking a bit and the two inner air screws are seized lol , so they are probably coming off this week.

Cheers puddy  :)20190703_091158.thumb.jpg.e210b2d69b8bb6383149d48ecadcdbbc.jpg

20190703_091214.jpg

• Like 14

Thanks , from what i can gather its been off the road for some time , gsxr wheels front and rear powder coated along with the frame. Gsxr front end and freshly painted bodywork.

Hopefully i can get it over the line to be being permanently back on the road .

Motor  seems to be in good fettle , a few electrcal gremlins such as  the usual battery light on and the oil temp guage not working.

Cheers puddy  :)

Edited by Pudzrx

Carbs off and stripped , no muck inside at all so have decided to fit new fuel valves , o rings and gaskets as all of the o rings were squared.

Also ordered a new oil temp sensor as mine is deffo dead , the circuit was fine.

Fitted my new grips , unfortunately the bar ends were wrong for renthals so ordered the right ones.

Lastly as its gonna be at least a week for the other stuff , started removing the engine covers , out of  9 bolts ( I think ) 4 snapped on the starter /flywheel side lol. So have also ordered an m6 helicoil set , happy days !

Puddy :)

20190814_124345.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for that. I heated the casing but as its a needle roller bearing there was not enough to hit safely to tap it out . Gonna see how i like the contrast of one vapor blasted case with the rest pc'd for now.

Hopefully should get the others back this week along with a few parts i have ordered.  Really wanna get out on it this year.

Puddy  :)

Wahoo , had a few bits waiting for me when i got back to work today ....

Still waiting on a few engine covers from pc , the clutch cover gasket and m6 helicoil set.

Did pick up some black nylon washers for when i refit said pc'd covers with my new stainless m6 allen bolts.

Happy days again !

2019-08-20 17.22.31.jpg

Well it wasn't,  decided to bite the bullet and refit the carbs . They went back in easier than they came out tbh , stuck a bungee cord round the airbox and they slid in lol.

Worst bit was trying to reconnect the throttle cable with my blind mole eyesight !

All done tho , also fitted my bar ends and oil temp sensor.

Found another loose bit to add to the list , already discovered a top shock bolt with the nut just hung on the end of the bolt  , this time i gave the front sprocket a bit of a shake , also loose even though the lock tab was bent over .