Just another fu*1ng Bandit .

Bow

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Well,  the bandit is sitting idle,  pipe has been changed,  removed the fairing for this year, and gone back to a stock looking front end with clocks and light.  When I get back down the unit I’ll take a few pics.

Hopefully we will get some racing in toward the end of the season,  but for now,  bike will stay NA, as the turbo is now going on the hybrid EFE/Bandit comp bike.  The one I need to get the chassis finished on lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Paul,  in the process of building a fresh motor for the old girl,  was going to run this season through with the 1216 high comp, but now everything is cancelled I’m pushing on with the turbo power plant.

hopefully Jason is going to be building some outlaw bodies as he still has the original mould, So it may end up getting silly, ;)

next job on the chassis is to build another swingarm,  as the one in it only gives a 64” wheelbase.  
all takes time mate 

D0CA331B-6F84-438E-8BAA-DA26EB08622C.jpeg

Edited by Bow
Pic added
  • Like 1

Yup,  going blowthrough,  on a fresh build motor,  1216 wiseco turbo pistons, not flat tops, ibeam rods, h/d studs top and bottom, ported head, stock cams dialled in to suit.

will be using stock carbs for the time being,  but will probably end up on 34mil tin tops.

full FastbyMe set up :banana:

I make my arms the same way,  good old 600 bandit arms,  cheap as chips, and as long as you know what your doing, easy to do.  I prefer making as much as I can, keeps the cost down, and gives a certain sense of achievement when it all goes to plan.  Helps being a faby by trade .

the one in this pic is the last one I knocked up,  gave a 68” wheelbase,  max we can run in ACU unlimited Streetbike.  But, I might stretch the next one for 72”, longer slots with longer adjusters,  might need it with the turbo.

B04B7FDD-A7B6-4A5C-B1C4-EE4DF4D1CEE1.jpeg

• Like 9
  • 1 year later...

Well, been a while !

as many know, this year was a lost one for me and racing. Having a heart attack put pay to that. Recovery was spent building my Efe into the bike I wanted, and turned out just the way I envisioned it, so happy with the outcome.

As for the bandit,  yes, still been doing bits on it, motor is built and in, turbo is about done.  Built a fresh arm, but not fitted it year, as still need to sort rear calliper torque arm out.

I’ll be back out next season, and not expecting massive results as racing a turbo powered bike is a whole new learning curve,  should be grin inducing, along with some brown pants moments O.o

Even helping out @ FBM, I refuse to ride anyone else’s turbo bikes. I’m happy to wait for my own to be finished, and then scare myself with that. And if I bin it, it’s only my own pocket it hurts.

I still have a goal I’m aiming for, and want to get the bike towards the top end of the Bandit naughty list,  a list compiled of the fastest 1/4 mile bandits in the UK.

Next mission is to get through the ACU stress test, to get my racing license back,  and as I’m a fat fucker,  who would not have passed it before the heart attack, god knows if I’ll succeed,  but I’m steadily loosing weight, and my fitness is improving xD

for now, I’ll leave it here, with a few pics of how the bike is looking at the mo.

Will have the bike on display in January at the Newark show,  gives me a time frame to work to.

Catch ya later folks 

2464A083-4736-49BD-93A4-17F711A39291.jpeg

A37BF427-25AA-4667-8640-7BCA82E7995A.jpeg

39A997CE-2555-4C7F-BE2B-FD4F12B04B40.jpeg

9265FA66-F6EA-4612-A880-E60BCCC16144.jpeg

B87002B8-8F52-44FC-897F-49DF350DC676.jpeg

• Like 6
  • 1 month later...

Not a lot has been achieved in the last few weeks,  been preoccupied sorting and organising the Oldschool Ultimate Streetbike rounds and sourcing parts for the Efe engine rebuild.

now USB22 is finally on the events list I can get back to finishing the Bandit. 
Went through the wiring loom and sorted that out properly, as a lot of the add ons had been temporarily fitted, now, all soldered in properly and loom wrapped. Lanyard fitted, just in case I get a bit carried away on launching. Ya never know.

still need to source another 2step, then I can complete it the way I want.

Yet to go through the carbs,  they are the original stage 3 setup from my high comp motor, so not suitable for the turbo setup,  all internal parts were replaced 3 years ago, so, fresh needles and jetting should see them good to go.

Ive been producing 5spring bandit clutches for road bikes for a while now, using GSXR 600k internals, and working with Uncle Sam Baker, we’ve sorted a lockup for them. Tested on Gary Hurds practical Sportsbikes drag bike at Pod last October,  worked well, with no issues, and a good feel to it. So might put the 2nd one on my turbo motor. Undecided as yet, as the original setup works with its diaphragm lockup.  Time will tell.

once I pull my finger out, and fit the scavenge pump, and fuel pump, it will be initial fireup time,  been a long time coming,  but now close to the finish, so hopefully, at last it will be ready to race.

to many bikes I have jobs to do on,  not enough time,  and to be honest, lacked enthusiasm last year,  but with getting involved with USB, it’s brought it back, and it’s time to get on with it.

that’s about it for now,  apart from putting some of my bling Tat that everyone dislikes onto the bike,  got to have some bling,  just like an English yob on the Mediterranean,,,,,

later folks.

40046184-FE01-4206-BD95-41B4404FABEB.jpeg

• Like 7
  • 6 months later...

Well,  we’ve finally got it done.

after a few technical issues, it’s running, riding, and nearly ready for the track.  After the original Garret turbo shit it’s pants and started drinking oil, swapped it out with a Borg Warner unit.  Then after the 3rd heat cycle, we had what we thought was a valve train issue, so pulled the motor for inspection.

under close examination, we found the base spacer plate had deformed, and the pistons were just kissing the cylinder head.  Fortunately, no damage, so a fresh spacer plate , plus a gasket installed, cured the problem.

Now comes the fine tuning,  and a visit to the dyno is on the cards.  Once we know the fuelling is right, it will finally be back at the track.  See what we can do with it.  Get it further up the Bandit Naughty list, and improve on the setup along the way.

been a long time coming,  and almost gave up with it,  but the end of the tunnel is in sight.

for now, I’ll continue running with my EFE,  until I know the bandit is right.

later folks …

AD40D9A4-158E-432B-86A5-376E822344DF.jpeg

9F52F78A-18C8-4EEF-8D4D-865CFCB7ADF2.jpeg

D856C74E-7E98-4AC2-A30C-2A8CF229D6EB.jpeg

• Like 5
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/9/2022 at 9:08 AM, Bow said:

Well,  we’ve finally got it done.

after a few technical issues, it’s running, riding, and nearly ready for the track.  After the original Garret turbo shit it’s pants and started drinking oil, swapped it out with a Borg Warner unit.  Then after the 3rd heat cycle, we had what we thought was a valve train issue, so pulled the motor for inspection.

under close examination, we found the base spacer plate had deformed, and the pistons were just kissing the cylinder head.  Fortunately, no damage, so a fresh spacer plate , plus a gasket installed, cured the problem.

Now comes the fine tuning,  and a visit to the dyno is on the cards.  Once we know the fuelling is right, it will finally be back at the track.  See what we can do with it.  Get it further up the Bandit Naughty list, and improve on the setup along the way.

been a long time coming,  and almost gave up with it,  but the end of the tunnel is in sight.

for now, I’ll continue running with my EFE,  until I know the bandit is right.

later folks …

AD40D9A4-158E-432B-86A5-376E822344DF.jpeg

9F52F78A-18C8-4EEF-8D4D-865CFCB7ADF2.jpeg

D856C74E-7E98-4AC2-A30C-2A8CF229D6EB.jpeg

@Bowstick it all in a slingshit and run it in USB :D

• 1 month later...

Just a little update.

Bandit is finally rideable,  time to put a few miles on it to see if it will self destruct before taking it to Santa Pod and give it a proper shake down.  
not going to be silly with it,  just get some runs in, and see how it reacts.

Airshifter needs fitting before Pod, but as this has been on the bike for a few years now, that will not take long.

Ill update again once I’ve run it,  then if all goes well,  run it for the full season next year, alongside the ET build that is planned for USB.

feels good, being back at it (y)

B455007B-BF34-4E44-8562-384A77C5CA96.jpeg

• Like 11
  • 4 weeks later...

At last,  shabby bandit will be back at Pod next weekend.  Bike has been ridden for a few miles on the road,  and I can honestly say,  I’m a bit apprehensive.  When I ran a Busa a few years back, I thought it was quick.  But the turbo is a whole new ball game.  Once this bugger spools up, it’s an animal.

Will be interesting to see how it goes on a prepped track,  that’s if the fool holding the throttle does not dump his ass on the track by doing something daft.

Its a short wheel base at 63 inch, as I’m waiting on another chain to arrive for the 68 inch arm,  but I’ve buggered about long enough, time to race it,  and a few more of the fellow bandit racers are coming out for a play.  Will let you know how we get on after the meeting.

when the lights drop, the bill shit stops !

• Like 6