Any suggestions for a complete 750m rewire

ziggy

Got the rolling chassis together so now its the time to connect everything. Im not electrically minded and dont know whats out there and hence this post. As I need coils, cdi etc basically everything Id appreciate some suggestion of what bits to get to get it all working. The only requirements I have are nice digi clocks (translogic etc), headlight and rear/brake light. Dont need ignition switch, would prefer either keyless or something similar. Cheers

I was thinking about getting one of those Ignitech units and a fancy tacho so thought there might be a quick way to do away with old loom. Stick coils conversion possibly while Im at it. Dont want to buy stuff only to find out there was quicker/smarter way of doing things and so I thought I will ask what you guys would suggest for a completely new installation.

10 hours ago, ziggy said:

Am I right thinking Ignitech will replace oem cdi? So if I went with your setup Steve, would i need anything else apart from coils to get it running? And would they just connect to Ignitech unit?

thats correct, M-unit and Ignitech do everything the oem cdi did, you just need coils/COP which wire to the ignitech, there is an ignitech specifically for COP set up.

• Like 1

So you need to wave the fob before accessing it with your phone? So cant really remotely start it unless you are next to it anyway. Or am I reading it wrong?

And how the remote start works in case of oil cooled engines when they require chock? Or is it only for injected bikes?

Edited by ziggy