Pssttt Ryan / @Teapot43.

What is Oldskoolsuzuki?

"Early eighties till early nineties, air/oil-cooled double-cradle frames SUZUKI inline fours GS/GSX/GSX-R non-commercial website for sharing technical information SHARE THE PASSION!"

So, that means that the primary focus is and has always been 4 cylinder GS, GSX and pre-watercooled GSX-R.

I don't think you will find much love for the Freewind on here.... given our primary focus.  

Curious to see if some if someone will come out the corner / closet / cubboard and share their wisdom obout the XF.

- what kind of project are you thinking of?  big hint..... placing the engine in an oldskool frame kinda project ?

Edited by Blubber

The motor is the same as the old DR650 which is a bombproof unit but heavily restricted on the inlet and exhaust. If you're going to build something with it, a change of pipe and either big holes in the air box and a jet kit or something like an FCR39mm carb make a huge difference. Do something interesting with it and you may just get in the OSS fold.

1 hour ago, Blubber said:

Pssttt Ryan / @Teapot43.

What is Oldskoolsuzuki?

"Early eighties till early nineties, air/oil-cooled double-cradle frames SUZUKI inline fours GS/GSX/GSX-R non-commercial website for sharing technical information SHARE THE PASSION!"

So, that means that the primary focus is and has always been 4 cylinder GS, GSX and pre-watercooled GSX-R.

I don't think you will find much love for the Freewind on here.... given our primary focus.  

Curious to see if some if someone will come out the corner / closet / cubboard and share their wisdom obout the XF.

- what kind of project are you thinking of?  big hint..... placing the engine in an oldskool frame kinda project ?

Yer thanks for that , just bought as something different to ride in winter

Edited by Teapot43
Spelling

I've got one as a winter bike.

I really like it. Interesting engine that uses SACS so maybe it qualifies as oil-cooled? :D 

Also has twin carbs, one for each inlet port and twin plugs, side by side.

It's surprisingly nippy on anything apart from wide open fast roads, i.e round here it's as quick as you need, and more comfortable.

• Like 1