What year is a gs 750 d model ???

Hi folks not been on here for years as not an old Suzuki but just bought a total project missing loads of parts it's a gs 750 d model just wondering what year the d model is ?

Not sure on plans yet I've got a full 750 motor will need top end work at least good frame  full exhaust everything else needs work rekon I,ll do a full resto maybe use another motor if anything fits straight in ?

Will post pics of progress but just picked it up  tonight and put it in the garage have a look over it tomorrow.

3 hours ago, Stevemilne750 said:

Will the oil cooled motors fit straight in ?

Did think of a gsxr 750 oil cooled motor

straight in..... well sort of ....as they are a more compact package as compared to an AC lump.....a bit of work as all mounts need to be addressed ..... but not as complicated as it sounds;)

Was thinking of just fitting a bandit 600 engine,wiring loom,clocks and keeping the rest oldskool and original found a engine fitting kit online https://rover.Eblag.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.Eblag.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F302938853342

Anyone used this kit to fit an oil cooled motor in a gs 750 frame?

I'm not after massive power just a reliable useable oldskool bike.

I've got the original 77 gs 750 motor but it's going to need a fair bit of work rekon it would be easier and cheaper fitting a 600 bandit engine.

6 minutes ago, Stevemilne750 said:

How did the b6 engine fit did you need to fabricate new engine mount brackets ?

yes, had to drill the real lower engine mount on the engine to fit 750 frame, and make plates for the rest

build thread here, take no notice of the top rear engine mount, that was just me being different :)

Edited by 370steve
  • Like 1