Oilboiler loom

Swirl

Right so I am awaiting delivery of the 1100k motor with 40mm carbs, I'm going to need some carb rubbers at some point, I've just got a 750 cdi, I'm aware of the difference in rev limit etc but from what I've read it will run, I need a loom, I've got a couple of ignition with keys here, 750 slabby and I think gsx750es both 4 wire with a green plug, so recap 1100k motor (I think) gsxr 750(slingy model unknown) cdi and slabby/gsx750es ignition, what looms will fit, there alot of cheap looms on Eblag at the mo gsx600f/gsx750f/gsx1100f/b6/b12/  gsxr what will fit thanks 

9 hours ago, davecara said:

Go bandit 12 mate. All cheap and plug n play

B12 seems a bit dearer than teapot stuff, when I done the 7/11 teapot I just used the 750 loom with the 1127 cdi, can get a teapot loom for 15-20 quid, but will it work 

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, MeanBean49 said:

No its not, different plugs on bandit cdi and also has the ballast resitor in the ignition barrell

If you're buying a loom and CDI it is! You'll have slightly differnt ignition curve but the right rev limit and the resistor is easy to work around!

56 minutes ago, Swirl said:

B12 seems a bit dearer than teapot stuff, when I done the 7/11 teapot I just used the 750 loom with the 1127 cdi, can get a teapot loom for 15-20 quid, but will it work 

Yeah it'l work just be aware of the rev limit:)

1 hour ago, davecara said:

If you're buying a loom and CDI it is! You'll have slightly differnt ignition curve but the right rev limit and the resistor is easy to work around!

Yeah it'l work just be aware of the rev limit:)

But his post was asking just about a loom using a cdi he has lol.

9 minutes ago, MeanBean49 said:

Ive got one you can have off a 750 gsxr, think is been messed with, your welcome to it.

Its really easy to make a basic loom to get a motor running if you have the plugs

That would be great, dont think it is beyond me being a electrican/electrical engineer :Dand it's going in a Z1-R so going to be altered, if the plugs are good that's great