Thanks helpful man onbandit !

Had some oil ooze it's way onto the upper case by the alternator. I've removed the alt. before and noticed a smear of sealant around the sealing gasket area, but a closer look showed a top bodge... The O ring seal had had snapped and rather than buy a suitable seal  had smeared a goodly amount of sealant around it. I measured the old o ring and then looked online for confirmation of size and found a post from the helpful man fbob, not only the size , but with a link to a supplier .... job done, well  2 days later anyway ! (y)

Size is 87mm od and 2.5 cross section, actually the Suzuki size is fraction smaller on c.section, but 2.5 works fine and is more readily available. I think it's the same for just about all our engines.

20190715_193857.jpg

• Like 1

Exactly happen to me also and sourced the same from @FBOB post excellent I  bought a 5 pack and had them delivered (NZ) within a week.

Actually I snapped the original and one of the replacements of the buggers even using big gobs of red rubber grease and being ubber careful the bottom of the o ring would just pop out and get snapped off.

Ended up looping a zip tie under it to keep the o ring compressed while I slide the alternator inWP_20181101_20_34_15_Pro.thumb.jpg.5906442314059a18c4dfe8b84a3224d4.jpg