harris magnum 2 katana 1100 motor

9 minutes ago, busa ash said:

ultrasonic carb cleaner fluid  from Eblag mate gallon lasts ages , i add 10% of the total tank capacity  as per instructions , i turn carbs ever 15mins heat at 60 degres c usually run machine for an hour so get on with other jobs while it does its thing 

Are you using distilled water as well or just tap water. 

• 3 weeks later...

@busa ash Just started following this ;) 

So my observations so far: Bloody good work :) 

However i would def change them light brackets for steel as the bent ally will break eventually with vibrations, been there!

Also what did you pay for the VM29s & the make of the fizzy bath? Have just acquired a set of VMs myself & wonder if i got a bargain?

Oh & any tips, & where did bellmouths come from?

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Had few nights in garage tidying up again , few Small jobs done , spacers made and brackets fabbed , happy how the colours have turned out just hope the engine is a good one , as it's been in the frame for a long time before yj bought it . Old age expecting problems before I even get to starting motor 9_9 . 

received_978733429190335.jpeg

IMG_20200202_195029_067.jpg

IMG_20200202_195129_993.jpg

IMG_20200202_162438_879.jpg

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Magoo said:

Thanks mate, How have you attached the shock to the  swingarm? I see your shock sits higher than the eye that you've welded to the arm.

I have made two plates out of scrap aluminium 10mm plate as a temporary  fix to get angles and ride height , these will be re done when paint gets sent away .

Few pics to show the idea , from my phone as I am not with bike 

Screenshot_20200212-065805_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20200212-065552_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200212-065619_Gallery.jpg