stutter

SFC

ive got stage 3 bandit 12 carbs fitted to an 1100m engine which when overtaking it has a flat spot pretty low down revs , ive been told to lift the needles two grooves which i have ended up lifting one but not tried it yet ,  any other suggestions to try after this ? also got baffled vance & hines sidewinder with foam filters

carbs are in good condition when fitted to 12 engine few weeks back , dyno would be perfect but got big hols to pay for september before i can spend anymore on the bike, just looking for a set up to see me through until i get back

right then i am getting somewhere now , lifted needles all up and it backfired a lot on shutdown so moved needles down one , checked for leaks and fixed.  2.5 on the mix which was on 3 and it runs much better but now stutters about 10.000 rpm . i have 150 mains and thinking i need to go up again but that seems alot ?  or should i lift needles again now i am on 2.5 mixture ??

many thanks for all the info given i am picking up on my carb knowledge ok for now, always something to learn

running dyna ignition and set it to 1100rpm  on an 1100m engine , also got  mini motogadget speedo  which displays 9-10.000 rev stutter ? not sure on speed i was going but not too fast as i need to calibrate the mph

Edited by SFC
53 minutes ago, jonny1bump said:

Limiter should be 10500

Chuck stage 3 in bin and run airbox you wont believe how good it can be.

no chance of an airbox sorry , no room , i will drop the rpm limit on dyna2000 and see if its made stutter go ?

IMG_0655.JPG

this kept revving past 1100rpm so i will need to set the limit before this one goes bang.......anyway , ive followed all your tips and its running near enough pretty well through all gears and range then the clutch started slipping and thats with barnett spring fitted , could be my pushrod , if not it looks like new plates after holidays ?  this is what i done incase its of any use to anyone else

needle 2nd from bottom

a/f mix  2.5 out

floats 15mm

160 mains

(prolly could do with some fine tweaking but hoping to get it on the dyno after september)

with v&h sidewinder (baffled) -ramair single filters  on 36mm mikiuni bandit carb's into an 1100m engine.....i must say i gave it some beans going upto the ponderosa cafe and the bike feels well planted even with long swing-arm it went well round corners ,  could be down to the frame i dont know but it felt good , cant wait to get suspension set-up and new tyres ,lol. so massive thank's to all you  all @ OSS FOR HELP

• Like 2