Fuel returns

2 minutes ago, Goo'Roo said:

Aren't the quick releases too restrictive?

No if you size them correctly :) These have been fine for 250 lph pump and over 300hp. Probably they already cause some noticeable restriction, especially on pump intake side. So for any larger pump I would recommend some better flowing couplings. As usual, doing your home work before building or buying parts can save you from headaches.

On 7/10/2019 at 10:21 PM, Arttu said:

No if you size them correctly :) These have been fine for 250 lph pump and over 300hp. Probably they already cause some noticeable restriction, especially on pump intake side. So for any larger pump I would recommend some better flowing couplings. As usual, doing your home work before building or buying parts can save you from headaches.

Fuel pump I use is the same, but I always thought that could be a problem on the return side.

Edited by Goo'Roo

I haven't noticed any problems with the return side. Although carb setups can be more sensitive for even small pressure increase caused by restriction.

Pump intake side has been the most sensitive part based on my experience. For example I have had some problems with swelling o-rings on the couplers that adds restriction. That will cause cavitation on the pump pretty easily and then you get all kind weird fuel pressure problems.

• 2 weeks later...

when i did mine (gsxr) i was advised that i needed a return of at min 8mm id as not to restrict flow,   being a shed scrounger i rummaged about in my junk  and come up with this that screws into the fuel level sender hole ( i know you may not have this fitting in your tank)

wATKw90.jpg

zZzOpaj.jpg

been good as gold, i can adjust fuel pressure right down to just about 0 on the gauge so i guess its not restrictive :tu