Getting slabby 750 engine out of frame

Swirl

Having a bit of trouble getting the motor out the frame, the frame is now bare, I have removed the oil breather on the top all the engine mounts are off, I've put it on its side and cant get it out, do I need to take the sump and oil filter off as well, my mates coming round in the morning for a 2 handed attack 

On 7/5/2019 at 10:33 AM, wsn03 said:

This is how I did mine:

Go to local tip

Excuse me mate can I have that mattress?

Lie mattres on floor

Lie bike on mattres

Lift chassis off the engine

For re-fit repeat process. Its the easiest way

Yes I've done loads, problem is it doesn't come out complete, as Swiss Toni has confirmed sump off oil filter off breather was off already and its out

20190705_114129.jpg

9 hours ago, Swirl said:

Yes I've done loads, problem is it doesn't come out complete, as Swiss Toni has confirmed sump off oil filter off breather was off already and its out

20190705_114129.jpg

I can't remember what I had to do, but I also recall removing the casing on top (4 bolts) of the head...the one the air filter pipe connects to...gave me that extra bit of clearance. Im half wondering if I managed to get mine out with the sump on in fact

Not necessary, I sold the motor out of my parts bike to Bill D a couple of months ago. Removed carbs and inlet rubbers,laid it on it's side on a tyre, my mrs. helped me but we manoeuvred it up and off with stripping anything off the engine.  Patience is your friend ;)

@DuckndiveYou may be right! I seem to remember, when Suzuki built the '85 Slabbie in a few days at the NEC. That guy Jason just hoiked the motor in from the right side of the frame. Someone was on the left side to take some of the weight. But, I can't remember if the engine was complete, or sump off. Long time since I've seen it! 

8 hours ago, robbo_64 said:

Not necessary, I sold the motor out of my parts bike to Bill D a couple of months ago. Removed carbs and inlet rubbers,laid it on it's side on a tyre, my mrs. helped me but we manoeuvred it up and off with stripping anything off the engine.  Patience is your friend ;)

There was no way mine was coming out without the sump, strainer and oil filter off

• Like 1
On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 9:30 PM, Swirl said:

There was no way mine was coming out without the sump, strainer and oil filter off

Strange, we had to wiggle it and lift the frame off at a bit of an angle but it came off with the oil filter and everything on.  Like someone said above, surely they didn't fit a part assembled engine into the frame then fit the sump and oil filter on the production line?

• 1 month later...

?? Undo all retaining bolts, remove carbs, starter, alternator, complete cam cover, all necessary pipes etc then just lift the thing out with it on the side stand or paddock stand. That's how I've removed mine every time. 

Edited by p4ddy