Dot head / 1200

Not quite Tony, I have done a coupl in the past and the gsxr DOT head with cams gave 130 ish with pod filters and decent exhaust, after dyno setting up.. Excellent bolt on hp , most people say now you must dial in the dams, I did mine ages ago and didn't really know about that do I bolted it all together and rode it, they rev much quicker but loose some midrange, but fun fun fun,, :tu

good of luck finding the head and cams cheap nowadays though, 

Dot head on a bandit does give a few clearance issues due to the carb angle. I did read that Mr upperton said the dot head doesn’t flow anymore than the bandit head so you could keep the bandit head and raise the compression to get the same result in theory 

5 minutes ago, Foz said:

Dot head on a bandit does give a few clearance issues due to the carb angle. I did read that Mr upperton said the dot head doesn’t flow anymore than the bandit head so you could keep the bandit head and raise the compression to get the same result in theory 

Think you have to skim quite a lot off the b12 head.

All depends on what you want?

Top end bhp  go for gsxr750j/k.

Any of the gsxr750/1100 will give you good top end bhp over b12 cams.

If you want just bottom end torque keep the b12 BUT these will not give you a good bhp.

Or you could go for gsx1100f power screen cams that are a more all rounder cam.I

This is a very basic over look at cams ;) don't forget if you dial in your cams that helps but as to what settings to go for someone who knows more then me will have to answer that one.

Myself I'm using the gsx1100f cams as I like the way they work in my 1127 motor the power is there from the start and I don't need to get up in the revs to get the power.

The whole point for me of doing this convention was the cost, it was over ten years ago, I got a complete 750j motor for £35!! The gearbox was shot so not worth fixing... I bolted the head and cams on and it went like fek. 

Today you have to pay several hundred pounds for a good DOT head and the correct cams, so it could be cheaper to get some reground cams and a head job...:tu

1 hour ago, fatblokeonbandit said:

The whole point for me of doing this convention was the cost, it was over ten years ago, I got a complete 750j motor for £35!! The gearbox was shot so not worth fixing... I bolted the head and cams on and it went like fek. 

Today you have to pay several hundred pounds for a good DOT head and the correct cams, so it could be cheaper to get some reground cams and a head job...:tu

I,ve been lucky,  i,ve been given a complete dot head engine, so i dont mind paying for some cams :)

• Like 1