Bandit bits on gs

Mouse

2 hours ago, Jonny said:

Has anyone put an Inazuma arm in a GS I wonder? It looks good and is already set up for twin shocks. O.o

as said hard to find in the UK,  but im pretty sure they are longer than a bandit swinger,  I put a B12 arm in an Inazuma frame and it looked too short, ended up using a GSXR slingshot arm as they are longer. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, TonyGee said:

as said hard to find in the UK,  but im pretty sure they are longer than a bandit swinger,  I put a B12 arm in an Inazuma frame and it looked too short, ended up using a GSXR slingshot arm as they are longer. 

Just had a quick Google,as you do and your right they are a longer wheelbase,57.8 vs 56.5 for a bandit, so not a huge difference,maybe visually the longer tailpiece makes the bandit arm seem shorter? 

33 minutes ago, DAZ said:

Just had a quick Google,as you do and your right they are a longer wheelbase,57.8 vs 56.5 for a bandit, so not a huge difference,maybe visually the longer tailpiece makes the bandit arm seem shorter? 

thats assuming the swingarm pivot is in the same place relative the the front spindle on both bikes

• Like 1

Fair play Dave ,hadn't really looked into it too deeply looked like a similar design to the bandit around the swing arm pivot and thought Mr Suzuki San doesn't like change for changes sake so didn't think there would be any difference,as that would muck up the chain tension as the arm moves up and down . I never considered the front wheel spindle ! Good spot fella (y)

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, wraith said:

What about the gsx1400 swingarm? Twin shock and you could fit the 6" rim. Sure I've seen one fitted to a GS before.

Now that would be proper beefy, be some work on the chain run I would have thought though a few have done the 6" before off set sprockets and machined cush drive etc

• Like 1
8 hours ago, wraith said:

What about the gsx1400 swingarm? Twin shock and you could fit the 6" rim. Sure I've seen one fitted to a GS before.

Never seen one in a GS. I think the hub is too wide. Certainly not in a twin shock I tried for about three months to get a Busa rim into mine.