Bandit bits on gs

Mouse

Hi

I have a gs 750 that i want to fit bandit front and rear ends on.

I have been told that i need a B 12 rear end as the wheel is wider than a 600 so i can fit a 180 tyre.

Now my question is can i fit a complete 600 front end or will it be a pig to do or not good to ride, the main reason for going the 600 route is that i have been offered a complete front end for not a lot of cash.

Is there much difference between bandit 600 and 1200 front ends (talking about 1996 ish models)

Thank you

Mouse

38 minutes ago, Mouse said:

Hi

I have a gs 750 that i want to fit bandit front and rear ends on.

I have been told that i need a B 12 rear end as the wheel is wider than a 600 so i can fit a 180 tyre.

Now my question is can i fit a complete 600 front end or will it be a pig to do or not good to ride, the main reason for going the 600 route is that i have been offered a complete front end for not a lot of cash.

Is there much difference between bandit 600 and 1200 front ends (talking about 1996 ish models)

Thank you

Mouse

Better brakes on 1200, also 43mm forks against 41mm forks on the 600.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Mouse said:

o.k thank you

in what way are the brakes better and is it a viable swop ??

Calipers on 1200 are just much better, same as used on GSXRs,RF etc, front end will go in with either a stem swap or a spacer at the bottom of the bandit stem, the bandit stem is too long as standard.Also the 1200 arm will go in easily with a couple of spacers on the pivot and either monoshock the GS frame or buy/make and weld shock mounts for it. Grumpy1260 sell weld on shock mounts,got some myself for my GS project.

Edited by Paulm

Much appreciated,

As I've got a gsxr I'm using as a doner hopefully I can use the front calliper's of that then.

Also thanks for the info about the stem swop, I assume the spacers go under the bottom yoke bearing ??, problem is no engineering shops near me to get bits made..

Still on the fence about twin or monoshock but good to know where to get bits from.

B12 swinger into GS750 frame :)

First of FECKING AWESOM,  got lots of questions but to avoid bothering to much can I just ask what size is that rear tire and do you have any side on photos so I can see the foot controls please. (and more of that arm ) Mummmmmm

4 hours ago, rdubandit said:

Just a thought...the RF900R swingarm is a direct swap for the Bandit 1200, has a torque arm-less caliper bracket setup, and GSXR-type axle adjusters.

Like that idea but looking on e-blag there are rf900 arms with torque arms, is there a specific model I should look out for ??

Thank you

• Like 1

Also, if you're using b6 forks put some gsx600f springs in the b6 that will make the b6 forks handle better, also RF600 front wheel will fit strate into the early b6 front end you then get the a 3.5" rim 120 tyre instead of the 110 tyre on the b6. I think I have some mock up plates to fit the Nissan 4 pots onto the b6 forks.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2019 at 9:05 AM, Duckndive said:

However you can fit the 5.5 wheel straight into the B6 arm ..

Sorry it's taken a while to say thanks for this bit, really helps as gives me more options on whats for sale. (y)

Got so much to think about at moment , forget what i'm doing at times.

By the way will any year arms fit from ether 6 or 12 ???

Edited by Mouse
  • 3 years later...
On 7/4/2019 at 2:11 PM, wraith said:

Also, if you're using b6 forks put some gsx600f springs in the b6 that will make the b6 forks handle better, also RF600 front wheel will fit strate into the early b6 front end you then get the a 3.5" rim 120 tyre instead of the 110 tyre on the b6. I think I have some mock up plates to fit the Nissan 4 pots onto the b6 forks.

Do you recall what you did to swap the b6 front end into the GS? I’ve got a few B6 front ends and I want to get this done on my ‘78gs1000

10 hours ago, Jmckechnie said:

Do you recall what you did to swap the b6 front end into the GS? I’ve got a few B6 front ends and I want to get this done on my ‘78gs1000

I just used a rf600 bottom yoke, thats if you're using a MK1 bandit front end. It won't work with a MK2 as the spacing is different.

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Dezza said:

Is that a real life Evel Knievel Jet Cycle? O.o

xDyep, it sure is. A friend of mine built it, but couldn’t get the motor stuff sorted out. So with the help of the OSS crew and the infamous @Arttui was able to convert it to EFI with full spark control. She runs really good! Just need some dry salt flats to run it now:vu:

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...