Exhaust help please!

Hi all, I've purchased  delkevic exhausts for my 1991 GSXR1100m.

In the process of fitting and I cannot get the link pipes to tighten to the mid section exhaust when clamping them.

The clamps wont ratchet up anymore and with everything fitted the link pipes are still loose, it's like the steel on the mid section wont squeeze up and clamp, what am I missing here? Its driving me round the bend!

There were no instructions with the kit and I'm using all the supplied parts, this was meant only meant to be a 30 min job and I'm screwed already.

Appreciate any help

Cheers

Liam

I'd go back to the supplier if it's new. Failing any joy there, you can make up thin shim sleeves using a coke can ( other drinks cans are available ). Cut strips that are deep enough to cover the full length of the joint and long enough to go round the pipe with no overlap. A decent pair of scissors will cut it and maybe be use a little exhaust sealant to help it.

1 hour ago, bluedog59 said:

you can make up thin shim sleeves using a coke can ( other drinks cans are available ). 

I'd use a Monster drink can, you'd get much more up and go, and you get more can and it's not as sticky as red bull xD

But yes as @Blubbersays, it sounds like your missing a gasket sleeve to go between the down pipes and link pipe.

Lol, yeah pretty sure it's the right way round, I think I'm gonna try opening the slots up on the collector and see if that makes a difference, hopefully it will allow better movement when clamping.

Have to say Delkevic have been very responsive and very helpful, a couple of free stainless clamps coming my way as well.

Still open to any suggestions?. Hopefully I'll get it sorted on the next attempt.

Cheers

Liam