Yet Another Nooob!

Ronny

Hi everybody, joined the forum ages ago, but never posted. 

A house move has prompted a clearout of bikes, but I managed to persuade the Mrs to let me keep two... One of which is a rough (and I mean rough) GSX550. I can’t get rid of it because I feel sorry for it, frankly (and also because only the scrap man would buy it) Plan is to make it into something like one I saw on an Italian website in JPS colours in a kinda cafe racer style, but not in the same colour. Seen some really helpful posts here already about front end swaps, so that’s a good start! 

Disclaimer: I’m about as far from a hipster as you can get, I’m doing it because I drooled over the finished one I saw! :D

• Like 2

Do yourself a favour, don't 'cafe racer' it, the world doesn't need anymore brown seated fag chariots. It isn't a  stripped down Brit twin and no amount of male grooming products will make it so.

If you want clip ons and a old style race paint job just turn it into a stripped down endurance racer.

• Like 2

Thanks peeps :) Yes, photos of bike will be forthcoming when I grab some. The other one I was allowed to keep (but possibly not now) is from another Japanese manufacturer beginning with H that some may have heard of :D

No pics of me until I’ve been to Old Street to get my moustache waxed and my latest ironic tattoo is finished :P

Fear not K.H.I, I used the wrong term, it is in fact the endurance racer look I’m after! I did actually laugh out loud at your summary of cafe racers xD

• Like 2