F or G?

On 6/20/2019 at 6:32 PM, Swiss Toni said:

Yes Duncan, I can. And they'll charge me £95+vat for the privilege! :o

Is the bike complete? If so, you can send pics of the complete machine and also the frame and engine numbers to the VJMC and they will send you a dating certificate for £30. I used this to register an ancient US import last year.

@DezzaNah, mate, It's still in bits. I think YJ's hit the nail on the head. Production years run from August to July 31st. Hence, an '85F model could be manufactured in July '86! And, DVLA, in their wisdom, deem it an '86 model. VJMC may well turn up the same info!

Edited by Swiss Toni
34 minutes ago, Simbec1863 said:

H model battery box,it doesn’t list an alternative for F or G models but I can’t confirm this only the H as this is what I have on mine,I assume the G is the same?

7ACFF41D-9D4B-4930-8E0A-7B8947A76206.png

Same as mine! That one shows on Robinsons fische for the F model. Usually, there's an option to choose G and H models if there's a difference. There's not, apparently!

• Like 1
On 6/25/2019 at 5:54 PM, Simbec1863 said:

H model battery box,it doesn’t list an alternative for F or G models but I can’t confirm this only the H as this is what I have on mine,I assume the G is the same?

7ACFF41D-9D4B-4930-8E0A-7B8947A76206.png

@Swiss Tonimy "G" box had a mount sticking out the bottom - I remember now, so it hit the frame. I gave it away to a member on the previous site. Wonder why it had the extra mounting?

Bike was silver and purple. Import or UK model? I just bought it as bits for spares

• Like 1

Sorry chaps, I've led you on a wild goose chase. Yes the tab at the back is for the mud guard. Trying to remember what the issue with my box was. I think it had an extra tab at the front of it, I remember it had an extra tab that stopped me from being able to locate the box in its rightful place, possibly at the front of it. I remember it was identical apart from this extra tab - possibly from a later model perhaps?