GS1000 pipe

Can't make my mind up on which 4-1 to go for. I have a battered standard 4-2 system and just bought a Kerker 4-1 off the bay, but I fancy a nice stainless system too. I reckon the choice is down to the lovely Exhaust Craft Harris lookalike or the Delkevic straight pipe (it like the old Alpha I guess). Pro's and cons for both, I like both but the Exhaust Craft is twice the money and you lose the ability to run a centre stand. Anyone got experience of these pipes and which is the one to go for? Which one sounds best?

I have an old Kerker on my gs1000s which I love...the Delkevic seems kinda cheap to me...I also have a V&H Megaphone on my gs750e...been on there 7 years and for 30,000kms and it still looks new...love the sound too...and pretty reasonable price....and you can keep your centre stand.

6FC633BE-6AA9-42D9-ADD6-C83FD04145EA_zps

65D4BCDB-7B2D-465C-88AA-05D357F15E45_zps

2208C97A-E0FD-4FD5-9E8F-80F5F9F87D71_zps

• Like 2

Wow, that GS1000S looks great and that is the Kerker I have. I have not fitted it up yet as I need the centre stand whilst I am rebuilding. I hear that the V&H pipes are not built very well nowadays and rot quickly through a British winter. Ideally wanted a black chrome Harris but they don't make them anymore.

Is the seat on the GS1000S standard or have you had that cut down? I can sense that is going to be one of my jobs to do soon!

• Like 1

Hey Bazeque, it was your post that alerted me to Exhaust Craft. I don't suppose you have mounted it yet have you? Dave sent me a picture of a GS1000 with your pipe on it but it looked very low, quite a gap between collector and frame rails. Lower than a Harris. He didn't think the stand would work with his pipe and he didn't offer to adjust it. Maybe I just have to ask!

Have you heard yours yet? If it's anything like the good old Harris with comp baffle, I'm in.

Yeah, that one is nice too. Does that ceramic coating actually work though? Does it stand up to riding in the wet? If so, I may have to consider getting the Kerker done, as the  heat resistant flat black paint is fairly useless.

I think Exhaust Craft is the way to go. Obvious really! Stop being tight and get on with it. I will have to ask if Dave can modify the bends to get the centre stand to squeeze in though, I would miss that even though I know they look ugly.

2 hours ago, simesman said:

Yeah, that one is nice too. Does that ceramic coating actually work though? Does it stand up to riding in the wet? If so, I may have to consider getting the Kerker done, as the  heat resistant flat black paint is fairly useless.

I think Exhaust Craft is the way to go. Obvious really! Stop being tight and get on with it. I will have to ask if Dave can modify the bends to get the centre stand to squeeze in though, I would miss that even though I know they look ugly.

Ceramic coated inside & out. The inner helps with gas flow apparently, but the outer stays flat & clean all the time in all weathers. Just a quick wipe down with a wet cloth.

Had an issue with the downpipes going blue after a year or so, but Camcoat (Warrington) recoated them FOC when i emailed pics of it ;) 

On 6/18/2019 at 8:59 PM, simesman said:

Think I am settled on Exhaust Works now, but what a lovely GS. Gonna keep mine relatively standard, but if I were going to mess with it, that would be a great look. Where's it off to in that crate?

Thanks!

From The Netherlands to Tasmania.

It is the only photo I have what shows the exhaust in the proper way. ;)

On 6/20/2019 at 8:07 AM, Swirl said:

How much was that in total mate, with the coating 

IIRC the zorst cost around £360 & coating was £300.  £660 total, which pretty much equates to an off the shelf price.

Could be cheaper if you don't have the ceramic coat on the inside too ;) 

• 3 weeks later...