Another newbie............

Been lurking for a little while but recently bought a bog standard GS1000 and just in the process of putting her back on the road. Just going through it and sorting out problems and already found the Aircooled section useful. Not had a big Suzuki for a few years but feels like coming home. Always fancied a big 8 valver but always ran the GSX1100's 'back in the day'. Used to look down on teh GS's but now I am old and boring, they look very appealing.

• Like 4

Welcome to OSS (y)

GS1000, grate bikes put a 1085cc kit in it, port the head and some gsxr carbs and you will never look At a 16V again :D

Unless you do like some/most of us and get another GS1000 or the likes and put a oil cooled motor in it xD

Pics are always good no matter what stage you're at. ;)

Thank you chaps. Here is a pic from a few days ago. Still awaiting shims from Wemoto and now got 1 of the front calipers bolted on. Had to order a dust boot for the other one as the original was massive and I couldn't fit it back over the piston.

YEc1HFjh.jpg

The front end is all done so I start on the back end soon. Got a GSX1100 swing arm and need to strip the rear caliper.

• Like 4