The World's Most Expensive Bit of Plastic

Crass

When I restored my 750L Slingy I baulked at replacing the aftermarket smoked screen with an OEM one owing to the horrendous price - ~£260 but it has bugged me ever since.  The replacement was ever so slightly taller which IMHO ruined the profile of the front end, plus I don't like smoked screens.  So when Suzuki added the Slingies to the Vintage Parts Programme, and made them Bike of the Month last month and this, knocking 50% off the screen price, and with the OSS discount at Robinsons I though fuck it, just do it.

Still an eyewatering price for a bit of plastic mind you but at least my piss has stopped boiling now.

004.JPG

002.JPG

• Like 3

Ha, you're not wrong SRR - at work we threw away loads of old stuff in the skip, silencers, screens etc the stores were only so big and the parts just sat there for years . . . eeek !

Not so bad with e-bay these days, everything can be listed instead of throwing out because of lack of space - couldn't give the stuff away back then as you say, they all wanted coloured screens, double bubbles, race pipes (obviously !) etc - but now it would fetch £1000s !