Advice fitting big bore kit

Oilyspanner

Depends if you are still running oil up the studs? If you are, then changing the seals / gaskets is recommended if the old ones have been used for a while - a re-used gasket is a false economy if it pisses out a mist of oil spoiling the build! If no oil up the studs then there's nothing much to leak but personally i'd still do it!

• 1 month later...

Cheers chaps - I placed an order with Suzuki GB online, they actually worked out pretty decent on price if you spend over £75, you get free delivery then, much better than their £5 delivery on each item before that !

I've bought all new seals for intake rubbers, I'll be having a bit of detail porting done and new seals/gaskets for all other necessary parts. I bought new valve springs too, I found a really good price for oem items, even with vat added on they were £40 cheaper than here - I thought as I was spending money on the top end it would be a good insurance. I was going to buy Ti retainers, but the price is high and with me keeping the original cams anyway, it was an expense for only a slight help. I'll check the valve guides when the head's off - it's low mileage though and a look inside the ports with a torch showed that everything looked surprisingly new, all very clean.