Noob Restoring old 750M, interchangable info please

Hi guys, 

Ive recently bought a 750M to tart up and make nice again. Turns out it was a lot more tired than I bargained on so will end up more of a mini resto than clean up ! I will start a build thread soon but need help on interchangble parts please. 

Firstly I need the front metal bracket that goes inside the front mud guard, my parts manual doesn't seem to show this available separately. Which other years/models will fit the 750M ?

Exhaust, my headers are rotten and the end can buggered too. Which other headers fit, I've heard about perhaps bandit headers fitting or possibly the 1100M system going on but sitting a little lower. I have been offered a End can from an 11M which im hoping will mate up to some 750M headers, any drastically obvious reason they wont mate up ? 

And finally for now, rear shocks. Im vaguely aware for the pre 2012 1000RR shock and K7 shock fitting. Is the 11M a direct swap into the 750M setup ?

Sorry if these have been covered before, I have genuinely scoured through about 50 pages of info on here looking for the right answers, but need clarification on the above. 

Regards

Fb

It's not difficult finding pipes for oil cooled gsxrs, unless you want oem. One thing to bare in mind is the 11/12 engines are taller than the 750s so a pipe made for an 11 or blandit 12 is unlikly to fit well on a 750. Cans are cans.... Personally, I wouldn't bother with any oem pipe as they weigh a ton.

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 10:08 AM, Dezza said:

It's not difficult finding pipes for oil cooled gsxrs, unless you want oem. One thing to bare in mind is the 11/12 engines are taller than the 750s so a pipe made for an 11 or blandit 12 is unlikly to fit well on a 750. Cans are cans.... Personally, I wouldn't bother with any oem pipe as they weigh a ton.

Thanks, I managed to pick up a mint Carbon Yoshi end can and link pipe, so I will probably just get some new stainless headers from Black Widow on fleebay . 

:)

• 8 months later...

Still got this going on in the background. 

Ive sorted the front mudguard bracket and found a delivery miles rear shock which was a bonus !! Im still stuck on exhaust headers though. I still cannot find a definitive answer as to what headers fit a 1991 750M with standard fairings in situ. Cross referencing part numbers seems to indicate the L headers share a part number but cant find any L headers for sale either. Ive had a couple of people mention the GSX750 Inazuma fit ? Does anyone know if either of these exhaust below are a DIRECT bolt on and fit like the original would have ? 

https://www.Eblag.co.uk/itm/SUZUKI-GSX750-GSX-750-INAZUMA-EXHAUST-PIPES-DOWNPIPES-FRONT-PIPES-HEADERS-98-03/151449797354?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

https://www.Eblag.co.uk/itm/Suzuki-750-Gsxf-1997-2006-Stainless-Steel-Collector-Delkevic/254281823721?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Many thanks

Fb

3 hours ago, dupersunc said:

Thanks, seen that one. Im looking for a new stainless set so trying to find something off another model known to fit the M. Sadly they had new ones available but I wasn't ready for one yet so didn't buy it. They sold out stock and no longer making any more :(

That advert looks like Pete Stansfield in Malton. He breaks loads of oil boilers. I had some bits off him when I was restoing my 750L. Nice bloke. Might be worth dropping him a line to see if he has what you're looking for, although a stainless system is surely as good as new, it's not like they rot? You can always swap out the dinged can on that one.  

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Crass said:

That advert looks like Pete Stansfield in Malton. He breaks loads of oil boilers. I had some bits off him when I was restoing my 750L. Nice bloke. Might be worth dropping him a line to see if he has what you're looking for, although a stainless system is surely as good as new, it's not like they rot? You can always swap out the dinged can on that one.  

Thanks, I will send him a message and see what he has. I have a virtually brand new unmarked Carbon Yoshi to go on but am also keeping an eye out for a mint standard rear silencer. 

Regards

Fb