4-1-1 exhaust vs 4 individual pipes

Hi , Fellas! I have SRAD750carb.  Exhaust is stock 4\2\1 + empty end.  I think about two ideas.

1. Delete connecting pipe  between 2&3 pipes....As i know its mission is delete some range of noise for free(without extra weight an exhaust).

But i am sure this is not for free  about the power.   

2. SOmetimes .. i want to produce new exhaust collector . 4 individual pipes without mixing .  and 4 tiny long alu pipes instead the one.

In a book about 4stroke nascar\drag cars authors say-  they get  best result with 4-1-1. even bigger than 1short pipe per 1cyl.  Why 4-1-1 is better than system where any cyl works as individual machine. one carb, one exhaust.

Collectors usually have benefits from harmonics. The back pressure wave from the closing of another exhaust valve is timed to give a reduction in pressure that helps scavenge exhaust gases at the exhaust outlet and valve.

Single pipes can do this, is why megaphones usually have a cone on the end,  but if built as a collector, the pipes can be much shorter and you save weight.

On 6/9/2019 at 12:26 PM, markfoggy said:

Ok, thanks.   DO you mean, i can lost some power if i build 4 single long pipes? with a diameter as standart collector (about 4sm), without megaphones.    partly from alu, that dont increase the weight more then little bit.

What you think, how will change the character of engine if i just switch stock exhaust onto my own design?