Busa rods and pistons into 1052-1200 Oil cooled

Hi everyone , while im waiting on a decent frame/chassis ive been busy beavering away on forced induction engine spec. I have a question about busa rods into the oil cooled 1052-1200 series engine. I know the pistons fit bring the spec to 1216 with  boost ready low compression. My question is will the rods fit too? And if they do what is known about the fitment ?

Cheers inadvance 

1052 has a 58mm stroke 81 mm busa pistons will net you 1195 cc   1127/1157 59mm stroke will net you 1216cc .rod big ends are all the same size 1052 /1127/1157 . small ends all the same @ 20mm. rod lengths vary  (1052)117.4 (1127)117 (busa) 119.5  case boring will be required for the 1052 as well as a cylinder re-sleeve ( using the 1052 cylinder block )  1127 bored to 1216  leave a thin sleeve wall and imho not recomended . bandit 1200 bored to 1216 is the best bet . check your deck heights on your choices of rods / cylinder blocks / crankshaft stroke. do your calculations and find the right configuration for your build .

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
3 hours ago, manden said:

Has anyone actually checked what the cr becomes with busa rod/Piston combo on an 58mm and 59mm crank shaft?

I worked it all out a while ago for 59mm crank and bamdit head/rods with busa pistons it was 7.8:1 and when using Gen 1 busa rods as well, with a 2mm spacer plate it was a little higher at 8:1 iirc

Edited by MeanBean49
  • Like 1
19 hours ago, MeanBean49 said:

I worked it all out a while ago for 59mm crank and bamdit head/rods with busa pistons it was 7.8:1 and when using Gen 1 busa rods as well, with a 2mm spacer plate it was a little higher at 8:1 iirc

Not what I was looking for, but thanks for chipping in m8